TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
CoD 4 Modern Warfare!
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 04:52 PM UTC
Saw the TV commercial yesterday, me want! Anyone else looking forward to it?

Jim
SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 547 Posts
KitMaker Network: 268 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 - 06:10 AM UTC
This games looks amazing, I love the previous Call of Duty titles. I think I need a new computer to run it though!
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 - 06:34 AM UTC
Loved COD, was stunned by COD 2, hated 3 (but it wasn't an official COD), and am dying to play 4.

Here is the review:

Gamespot COD 4: MW review

Jeff
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 - 06:48 AM UTC
Howdy Fellas,

Being a big fan of FPS's in general, and being a big fan of the BF series, saying that I am looking forward to COD4 is an understatement of an almost criminal degree!

I have played the singleplayer Demo and can honestly say that I was stunned!!! As the previews say, it is a little overwhelming with the sheer amount of stuff that is going on around you. The environments and surroundings are superbly immersive, and I can only imagine just how intense and realistic the renderings can be with a high end graphics card {alas, I do not have one of these ;-( }.

Anyone who enjoys this type of gaming shoulddo themselves a favour and download the demo. Then, once you've successfully played thru the level the demo provides you, turn the difficulty all the way up and.....HANG ON!!!!

I would be interested to hear how everyone else feels about the game once you've given the demo a go........how about you Jim, I know you're a FPS gamer.

Tread.
djiti
Visit this Community
Drome, France
entire network: 125 Posts
KitMaker Network: 32 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 01:06 AM UTC
i have just wondering this game !!!

it's simply outstanding !!!!!! my mind the gameplay is better than COD2

let's go i'm back to search AL ASAD in azerbaidjan
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,556 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 06:51 AM UTC
Im a big fan of ww2 and modern FPS and i gota say this is definately the best game ive ever played!

Sadly I completed it in about 5 hours, and have completed all of act 1 on veteran mode. The campaign is a little short but ive heard online multiplayer is stunning.

The graphics and game play are simply awsome-you can shoot enemies through plaster walls and other soft materials! If you stand too close to the tank when it fires on the 'War pig' level the blast will deafen you for a few seconds. The game is highly accurate aswell, the M1A1 operating with the Marines actually has all the details that a USMC M1A1 should have(correct smoke dischargers etc) equally all the correct helicopters are presented aswell as MARPAT camo-unbelievable!

The only thing that dissapointed me was that there arent more levels were you get to play as Marines, the Marine levels are just out and out warfare and its really fun, whereas the SAS missions are a but more covert-still highly enjoyable!
turrettoad13
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 607 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 09:46 AM UTC
This is a awesome game !! The War Pig chapter is a bit intense , had to pause and take a break . I like the sniper mission , kind of wierd the way the .50 cal. appears deep in indian country . I just wish there were a few more long shots on that mission . I wish there was a mission where you are on the tank as well . But all in all great game so far .
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 12:24 PM UTC
Sittin' on my desk....waiting for the weekend so I can spend the appropriate amount of time with it.

Mike
markm
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 12:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sittin' on my desk....waiting for the weekend so I can spend the appropriate amount of time with it.

Mike

Damn you Mike

I ran through the demo the other day and all I can say is WOW
JeepLC
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 510 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 05:34 PM UTC
Amazing game. I got it a week ago... release day. Finished a term paper and needed a reward! Campaign goes pretty quick. Amazing graphics and gameplay. Multiplayer is the best of any game in recent years. Too many guns to choose from! Upgrades... etc. Great game. I recomend it to everyone.

-Mike
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 03:56 AM UTC
I have this, and just completed the Sniper mission where it goes back 15years when the SAS Captain was just a Lt.

So far, my favorite parts have been, manning the 40mm grenade launcher from the CH-46, and being the gunner on the AC-130.....what a rush that was. Did you find yourself using the 40mm guns on the AC-130 more than the 105 or the 25mm?? I found the 25mm hard to control and actually hit your targets, where as of course the 105 loads slowly, so I found myself using the 40mm more often. Of course when you get that 10sec break between waves of infantry, I always switched back to the 105 for that first shot, and then switched to the 40mm.
JeepLC
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 510 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 07:02 AM UTC
Agreed. Maybe someone will make an exlcusive AC-130 FPS... ahhahahahah That was a great mission! The sniper mission was my favorite. The end was a pain in the A**!!!!

-Mike
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 07:25 PM UTC
Just finished playing through it tonight. One word: WOW!
A local Best Buy finally had them when I was in town the other day, grabbed it as soon as I saw it. Sure got blowed up by grenades a lot (never fast enough on the 'G' i guess ) A middle mouse key would be good I suppose. Lots of heart pounding minutes the first play through, like when you're the sniper sneaking underneath the trucks, and then past the infantry and BMP's... 'nuff said.

Jim
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2007 - 01:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just finished playing through it tonight. One word: WOW!
A local Best Buy finally had them when I was in town the other day, grabbed it as soon as I saw it. Sure got blowed up by grenades a lot (never fast enough on the 'G' i guess ) A middle mouse key would be good I suppose.

Haven't played it (god how I want to), but the ungodly amount of grenades is a product of COD2 where I've had at some ponts 4-5 grenades at my feet at any one time! Not the most realistic thing in the world, but it makes you move instead of firing fom under cover until everyone is dead.

Jeff
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2007 - 01:00 PM UTC

"......but it makes you move instead of firing fom under cover until everyone is dead...."

Accurately said there USArmy2534 The grenade 'thing' is indeed a game A.I. response to the player staying in one place for any length of time. Quite sure the code was written to keep the game moving, but it is annoying at times where you are just trying to exercise proper military doctrine and not simply 'plant' yourself.

I am impressed by those who have already run through the entire game.......myself, I really enjoy looking around a levels nooks and crannies, enjoying all of the very nifty stuff the game creators have seen fit to include in the storyline.
If you are just running through the game in a few short hours you are missing out on a plethora of ingredients that are off to the side, or in that small out building, or downstairs in that communications room you just ran past, or behind that damanged supply truck on the side of the road...........wanna really enjoy the game?..........look around more.

Warm regards,

Tread.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2007 - 04:07 AM UTC
I plan to get this one next, after I finish Mass Effect. This one looks to be a great game. I enjoy FPS games and then when you put them into a more realistic context it just makes it a better package over all. Sure Halo is good, but getting to play a close to real life soldier is much better in my mind.

Steve1479
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 164 Posts
KitMaker Network: 45 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 02:57 PM UTC
I have it for 360, I've beaten it 100% and got 1000 of 1000 gamer points. The online is amazing. All I can say is that this game was Intense!!
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 09:25 AM UTC
My biggest beef is that it's only in X-Box 360 and PS3 - I have a PS2 and all of the CoD's. Buying a $350 X-Box 360 or $499 PS3 system to play this game bums me out.
Steve1479
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 12:48 AM UTC
It is worth buying a next gen console if you like to play games like me. Some may disagree with me and say its all about the computer but I say that every year, your computer becomes obsolete. I love my 360 and it has not caused me any problems what so ever (never froze, scratched my discs, or got the infamous "Ring Of Death" )
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 04:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My biggest beef is that it's only in X-Box 360 and PS3 - I have a PS2 and all of the CoD's. Buying a $350 X-Box 360 or $499 PS3 system to play this game bums me out.

So save the money, spend $50 for the PC version. I find it funny that people completely forget that COD was a PC game first and always.

Steve, a computer may be obsolete after a year but that is only that new stuff out is better, not that you need to buy a new computer to keep up. My mid-range laptop was bought in early 2004 and only now has it been outpaced by new computers, and even then only with the new DirectX 10 and Duo-core and Quad-core processors.

That said, I do like consoles like the 360 becasue of their stablilty, but their gameplay - by nature of their controls - is somewhat limited. Compared to a computer game which can vastly more functions and options.

Jeff
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 09:44 AM UTC
Finally put it in and have been having fun since.

Just curious, any of you (during the scene [15 years prior] where you're sniping) shoot the "wild dog" that's chewing on the body? It’s the one that CPT Mac specifically tells you to leave alone. If you haven't, try it!! Only took me three times to get through the "repercussions" that ensued! Hehehhehe….worth doing.

For those that haven't and want to try, here's a couple of tips: prior to doing that, you have to take out the guard that's in the church tower. Once he's down and it's clear, go in there and switch your pistol for his weapon....you'll need it! The other thing to do is once you've popped that pooch, protect CPT Mac! He'll go down with a quickness if you don't.

The AC-130 mission was quite enjoyable....Like Scott, I used the 105 and switched to the 40mm. The 25mm was okay...I liked chewing up all the cars with it.

Manning the Mk-19 in the Chithook was pretty fun too. Can't say as I liked how it ended after the Cobra pilot rescue.

Anyhow, I've gone through the entire thing twice....I'll restart it again and do a couple of things: find all 30 of the laptops (I really like the idea of grenades that become cluster bombs) and see about what other mischief I can get into (kinda like the dog).

MTF!!

Mike
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,556 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2007 - 06:23 AM UTC
just completed the game on veteran! If anyone can complete mile high club(bonus level) on veteran mode then thats pretty impressive!!! Im not even going to bother with that haha.

hardest level has definitely got to be 'one shot, one kill' totaly insane on veteran mode trying to defend the extraction point!
Steve1479
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2007 - 11:55 AM UTC
done it, took me two hours to finally get a strategy down and do it. If you have Xbox live, add me, its Steven1479 (just like my callsign)
kevinb120
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,349 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 11:38 AM UTC
You guys should check out World In Conflict too, its an action RTS(no resourcing) where you get to pretty much destroy the entire landscape. It starts with the Russians invading Seatle in an alternate world 1989 and you pretty much destroy the entire city in the process, and that's just the begining of the single player. Total destruction at its finest. Its like Company of heroes where you can zoom out to view the whole battlefield and watch C141's and A10's in action all the way down to the individual soldier's weapons spitting out spent casings. I play just about every FPS too, but sometimes you need more then one man's(or even more then just one B-52's) level of destruction

Happiness sometimes on a cold night is a good terry robe, a beer, and tactical nuclear weapons...

http://pc.ign.com/articles/818/818867p1.html
Killy
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 26 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2008 - 07:47 AM UTC
yeah world in conflict is pretty fun - I found it a bit slow to get started at first but then it picked up, playing cod 4 at the moment though. Just ranked up to lieutenant in multiplayer so I can concentrate more on the campaign now! If anyone wants to have a game the username is Killy (very original!) If you don't already have it and your computer can support it I fully recommend it!