_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Help with vt8-460 Cummins engine
bulldog68
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 201 Posts
KitMaker Network: 87 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 03:03 AM UTC
Has anyone ever built one in 1/35th,I have been needing help to build this
engine for a superdetailed M-50 Israeli Sherman.I have a parts manual but my skills are not up to stuff to finish my model .need help!
spyder50
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 05:41 PM UTC
hello
i was just wondering how the engine build went i am trying to do the same thing havent started yet ..

spyder50
Graywolfgang
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 303 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2007 - 06:13 PM UTC
Hey Mike
You say you have parts manual on the engine.. Does the manual give the dimensions of the block?? Lot of time you can take a 1/25 scale car V8 with a little modification turn it into a 1/35 Diesel Tank Engine.. A little sanding a little adding..
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2008 - 08:27 AM UTC
Are you sure that engine is a 460 cummins, because the only 460 cummins I have ever seen is a 6 cylinder, and they are pretty new no more then 20 years old, my buddy had one in his Freightliner but the old 903 cummins were 8 cylinders, and I can't remember when they came out..

The old 903 was Cummins answer to Detroits 2 stroke sounding engine, it could rev higher and faster then the other cummins engines but it didn't have much power, and if you fixed it to have power then it didn't last very long, but if you left it weak then it would last a real long time.

Now I don't know because I never looked at the engines in one of them tanks you were talking about, but I believe the 903 could of been around long enough to of been changed over to, but not a 460 cummins now if there is any other v8 that cummins made I don't know about it.

Now Detroit and catipillar both made small V-8's, but cummins only made one that I know of, but if you can prove me wrong I would surly like to see it.
Best Regards Kerry Bennett
bulldog68
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 201 Posts
KitMaker Network: 87 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 08, 2008 - 06:30 AM UTC
Hi jsut wanted to drop you a line....The VT8-460 is slowly getting there and we are still collecting info on this engine.The infomation that's out there is RARE and costly.
We should have some more new info soon,so we can keep going on it.

Mike
 _GOTOTOP