_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Iraq PowerPoint Presentation
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 03:22 AM UTC
I was just forwarded a powerpoint presentation of about 20 pics from Iraq. Anyone interested in getting this, please e-mail me at [email protected] "> [email protected] . this is a large file and may take a while to download on a dial up connection. You will need PowerPoint to view it. Some great shots here, includind a Whiskey Cobra busting caps and the spent cartridges dropping down.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 04:08 AM UTC
Al,
Thanks for sending me that file. The images are really good. Since they were taken by photo-journalists and not released via US Military I will need to investigate the copyright issues for putting them up somewhere here. I doubt I would do the whole PP file as a download because the images themselves would only be about half that size total, so less download etc.

Does anyone else happen to know the legalities of photos release by AP, Reuters, etc?

Thanks,
Jim
BobTavis
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2003 - 06:01 AM UTC
>Does anyone else happen to know the legalities of photos release by AP, Reuters, etc?

They are all copyrighted. Media companies that display them are covered by blanket release arrangements.
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 01:07 AM UTC
This was sent to me at work. I really liked it. My favorites were the shoulder fired missile and the Tomahawk being launched by the Cruiser-the last type of ship I was on.
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 08:40 AM UTC
I saw several M577's on the news coverage of Iraq. If anyone has pictures of those, I'd like to give my 1/15 model a repaint in desert colors. THanks !
Jan
 _GOTOTOP