_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Miniature figure survey
Fifty4
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 09:22 AM UTC
I am starting a new company -- Wargames Factory -- which will be releasing multi-part plastic miniatures for wargamers, collectors, and modelers. To get a better sense of what you would like to see in multi-part plastic miniatures, I have just launched a survey.

Everyone who complete the survey will be entered in a drawing to receive one of 41 prizes -- one "grand" prize of $100 and 40 prizes of a box of our new miniatures (once they are released). Chances of winning are quite good and I would appreciate the chance to see your feedback on the various product ideas we've come up with.

Thank you in advance for your participation! The survey takes about 15-20 minutes and is designed in such a way that you will see similar concepts repeated. Don't give up -- there are some fun open-ended questions at the end!

The survey is here:
http://survey.ideamap.net/SC96V3/SC96V35323Front.asp

jimb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,539 Posts
KitMaker Network: 263 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 03:08 PM UTC
Maybe it's just me, but your link doesn't seem to work.

Ji
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 04:10 PM UTC
Spam is good with fried rice and scrambled eggs only.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 04:41 PM UTC
Thanks for the heads-up.

The Internet is turning into a bunch of scammers and spammers.
This post was removed.
This post was removed.
This post was removed.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 04:53 AM UTC
I think it's also important not to get overly cynical about people's motives. Sure Tony has some commercial intent here, but he's is starting a company and wants feedback. He is using a company (http://survey.ideamap.net) that does that kind of thing and the link is NOT to a virus. I think someone jumped the gun a bit on this post.

Just to add some web information here anything that ends in .asp simply indicates that the server is using Windows-based OS and is using "Active Server Pages". Very similar to this sites "PHP" type pages. The type of links you would want to steer clear of would have .exe or anything that causes something to start installing on your system.

Thanks,
Jim
Hot-wheels
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 164 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 05:40 AM UTC
Hi guys

I foolowed the link, everything worked as it should. The survey is aimed mainly towards gamers which was disappointing.

To be honest the net has gotten so large and so confusing that I somtimes try to stay on only sites I know well. even then I'm still very careful. I've already lost one machine / system to viruses, I can't afford to keep buying new ones
Harry
Fifty4
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 05:44 AM UTC
Sorry -- hope I didn't scare anyone off. I mainly spend time on wargaming-type sites, but thought this group would be interested in what we are doing as well.

Thanks again,
Tony
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 07:27 AM UTC
Fifty4, The apologies might be all mine. Also, welcome. Your posts number looks like you're new here.

Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 07:38 AM UTC
Tony,

Firstly welcome to The KitMaker Network.

KitMaker covers just about all genres of modelling, including tabletop gaming. As a recent convert to minis I wish you all the best with your endeavour.

Rudi
Fifty4
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 10:19 AM UTC
VERY new -- yesterday! Thanks for the welcome. I'll be noising around to see if I can dig up any good painting/terrain tips.
Lee-Enfield
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 272 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2007 - 04:03 AM UTC
Tony, welcome aboard!

I'll be checking out your survey shortly, here, but I can tell you from what I've been reading, is that figure modellers want in general a high degree of accuracy and versatility combined with relative ease of assembly. That means that while we accept that it's necessary to some extent, we would prefer not to have to do a ton of filing/sanding/puttying. The versatility issue makes that the necessity, but to build a figure set OOB (Out Of Box) everything should come together with clean lines and as nearly-invisible seams as possible.

If you look in the "Figures" forum, you'll come across a lot of our praises and gripes about different companies and trends. Thanks for asking our opinion, dude!
 _GOTOTOP