_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
S Models - Any Info
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 14,499 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 05:34 AM UTC
Hi folks,

I just came across this company S Models:

http://www.s-model.com.pl/site_st_ang.html

They have some unusual 1/35 models but I have no idea if they are metal, resin or plastic kits or pre-built jobs.

Any info on these folks???

Cheers

Al
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 05:55 AM UTC
I looked around their site. Click on the E-Store link on the left and it takes you to an ordering site.

The couple I clicked on said they were resin kits. Might be interesting to get one and see how it is.

Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 07:34 AM UTC
I've built a few, they are either all resin, or a combination of resin and vacuformed. You need to read discription to make sure it's one or the other.

The newer ones appear to be all resin.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 08:23 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info. Didn't realise there was already a Sexton out there.

Cheers

Al
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 08:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've built a few, they are either all resin, or a combination of resin and vacuformed. You need to read discription to make sure it's one or the other.

The newer ones appear to be all resin.

What did you think of those kits Dave?

They have some interesting subjects and I try to tackle one in the future.

Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 09:55 AM UTC
Alan, the Sexton got a dreadful write up in one of the magazines, sorry forgot which one.
Jim, they do some unusual Polish subjects, and are basically the only ball game in town if you like the unusual, pre-war Polish vehicles. They do require work, and aren't shake and bake kits. I've ordered from S-Model and Jadar, and both give good service. (In fact I just ordered some stuff from Jadar the other day)
Give me a day or two, I'll snap a few fast ones of the S Model kits I have in the stash. (I think it's 2 or 3 right now)

Here's one I finished a while back:
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 10:40 AM UTC
Hi Dave,

Thanks for that, Resicast have one in the Pipeline and I'm in no hurry.

The Polish Trucks look really interesting, maybe something for next year.

Cheers

Al

PS. Great looking kit.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 12:00 PM UTC
Dave,
Thanks for the info. I book marked them and will be making an order in the near future. I like the odd-ball stuff out there. I guess thats why I was drawn to Russian armor in the first place.

BTW, nice looking truck.

flakgunner
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 657 Posts
KitMaker Network: 201 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 10:16 PM UTC
hey,
I'am not familiar with their all resin offerings,but I built the little ambulance,which is Vacuform & resin ,and dreadful is a under statement,as with most companies from that region,the instructions are not very good,and for some odd reason,they've chosen to use some of the thickest plastic sheets,for their vacuform body parts,it was VERY difficult to cut and trim,and pre-fit is a must!!and I'am not talking about one piece then glue,you have to pre-fit all of the body parts,before assembly,mine came with two grills.one was resin and the second was vac,I had to use the vac,I couldn't get the hood,close to the resin offering.The front fenders have wells for the spare tires,the tires don't come close to fitting,you'll need to cut them away and start all over,and it would be best to re-enforce the inside of the cab/hood to with stand the pressure of sanding the filler need,for the dimples and creases in the panels.The resin parts are a bit brittle, all four leaf springs,broke while cleaning up.
I probably spent as much,if not more time building this "little truck",than what I use building DML's Pzr IV's(excluding time needed on indy tracks).IIRC mine didn't come with any decals.
would I build another one by S model?probably ,as stated earlier,odd-ball,only game in town.

Joe
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 03:58 AM UTC
Not wanting to pile-on S-Model, I agree with Dave's summation.

I've only worked on their Dodge Trucks, and I'd rate them a 6 out of 10 in terms of detail, ease of assembly and instructions. They can be challenging just to cleanup - before you even get to putting them together.

I wouldn't recommend them to the novice AFV modeler.

JimL
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 11:12 PM UTC
Joe's right, their earlier efforts were Vacuformed from heavy weight plastic, the ones I had were white on one side of the sheet, and yellow on the other, like 2 .20 sheets were laminated together before vacuforming, and they came with some resin parts.
That's why you need to read the description, as their newer ones are resin, and quite a few of the earlier vacuformed ones have been reissued as resins.

As promised here's a few fast snaps of some I have.

Basically a re pop of the old Tamyia metal kit.

Not a bad little kit, but also not for a beginner to resins. Resin is brittle, and some parts extremely fragile, mine came with windshield missing, it's a simple part, so I'll just scratch build one. The tarp section is vacuformed, but not in the extremely thick plastic.

Another all resin one, and again some of the smaller parts will need to be replaced or scratch built. This one arrived with three front tires, and only one spare, so I'll need to make up a spare from one of the front tires. Tracks are link and length, the links have two parts.

Again not kits I'd recommend for beginners to resin kits.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 04:34 AM UTC
Thanks for the mention/photo of the US 75mm Pack Howitzer Dave, I didn't know S-Model had one for offer. I missed out on getting the Tamiya white metal kit.

I'd like to get one for the stash...

JimL
 _GOTOTOP