_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Woo Hoo. I got promoted...
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2002 - 01:16 AM UTC
Got into a pissing contest with a young 2lt awhile back. "What makes you thinkyou're right SERGEANT!!!?? (Very Sarcastic) "Well LOOOOOOOTINNANT.....the fact that "E" comes before "O" and "7" is more than "1". This pretty much ended the conversation.. heh heh "Q"
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2002 - 01:34 AM UTC
Grunts refer primarily to foot infantry, while jarhead was a derrog, term used by the Navy, in counter opposition to Squid. Gyrines is a term I rarely heard back during my service, but then we travelled in PC 37's instead of Humvees. Got some good snaps to share, just have to locate the proper LZ and I'll send up the smoke.

Look out
Jack is back
GunTruck
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2002 - 02:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Another one for NBC guys - We always referred to the Battalion NBC Officer and the Company NBC NCOs as "Bugs & Gas"

My Dad, retired USAF Missle Engineer (also called rocket scientist) had a joke:

What is a man with a size 16 collar and a size 3 helmet? A fighter pilot! They used to take those little plastic football helmets with the pencil sharpners inside, camo paint them, replace the face guard with a visor and present them to the dislocated fighter pilots that were attached to Space Systems Division.

LOL!!! I used to work for SSD when I was in - no exaggeration here!!!

Gunnie
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 1,290 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2002 - 02:08 AM UTC
Small world, Guntruck!!
GunTruck
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2002 - 03:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Let's not forget my personal favorite nickname for our esteemed Infantry collegues: "Mud Monkeys."

LOL - that certainly isn't politically correct! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Gunnie
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 1,290 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2002 - 04:02 AM UTC
" Mud Monkeys?"

I remember getting a lot muddier recovering mired tanks, especially during the monsoon season at Ft. Polk (thats winter in Louisiana for you Northern types) than I ever did as a former light infantryman. We atempted to walk around the mud, whereas tank drivers are irresistably (?) drawn, (like little kids) to MUD If I misspelled any words its probably a result of the infantry and/or MP officer advanced courses. As a tanker it pays to know your enemy!!!!!!
 _GOTOTOP