_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Lions Roar PE detail sets?
UM83CANES
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 275 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 01, 2007 - 07:30 AM UTC
How do their PE products stack up quality wise when compared to other companies like Edward etc? Luck Models has a set for the LAV-25 on sale, but I’ve never used Lions Roar products. Is the PE good quality and are their instructions usually well done? I’ve been disappointed by some other companies in the past…

Thanks,
Noah
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 01, 2007 - 07:40 AM UTC
I have LR PE set for the Dragon 88 and while I haven't used it yet the instructions look good and the frets themselves are well done.

Shaun
DeskJockey
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,558 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 02:24 AM UTC
I have a couple of Lion Roar sets (neither of which I have yet built), and considered buying the LAV-25 one. I read a review on WarWheels and decided to go with the Voyager set. Here is the link to the review:

http://www.warwheels.net/LAV25peCompareWILSON.html

I think if you can get it cheap, the Lion Roar set may well be a good value. Check out the Voyager set on Lucky Models and compare the prices.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 05:54 AM UTC
My familiarity with Lionroar PE sets is with 350 ships. As far as I am concerned, they are the cat's meow or whatever term you wish to use for top of the line. I have used a small specialized set and I have an all encompasing set. For 350 scale ships the price usually comes in around $100 or so. I would bet that their armor series is at minimal as good as what Eduard produes and would lay odds it is the top of the line.
UM83CANES
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 275 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 03:46 PM UTC
Thanks very much for the responses and for that excellent product comparison.

Take care,
Noah
 _GOTOTOP