History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
ADM J.M.(Mike) BOORDA, his last 23 days.
redshirt
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 270 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2007 - 11:32 PM UTC
ADM J.M.(Mike) BOORDA, his last 23 days.

I had made a comment about ADM Boorda on a thread concerning veteran status, false claims of rank and wearing medals, ribbons and devices that were not rated. (I could not find this thread, if you can please post.) I was tacitly associated due to my service in the USN from ’85-’89 and had read some of the articles at the time of his death. After posting, something about him and his death did not sit right on my mind. After recurrently pondering I began to do some (on line) researching. I found about 150 references to him, but found very few were useful. Breaking Point was the best, but still leaves me wondering. WHY? What was it really? Any opinions? What are you considerations?

(Approx 30pp)
http://www.charleswarner.us/articles/artindex.html
scroll down for BreakingPoint
or
http://www.charleswarner.us/articles/BreakingPoint.htm//

210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 6,149 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,551 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 12:54 AM UTC
Well, I can recall that he answered any and all e mails sent to him. I also remember that he liked interfacing with those entrusted to his care. The e mail thing always got me. He overloaded himself and probably pushed himself to the brink and then fell. He may have slipped over that fine line between manging and micro managing. He could have also succumbed to taking bad news about his Service personally when he should have viewed it as a professional challenge. And as such, a problem solvable through using others. He did not have to carry the entire load. I don't think anyone will really appreciate why he sought such a drastic end to so triumphant a life. Tragic, he was a good man.
DJ