_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Other Sites
Place your announcements here please.
Memorial Day airshow prep at ORRC Field.
mitchum
entire network: 14 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2007 - 03:49 AM UTC
We're gettin' the whole squadron ready at Ol' Redneck Race Cars Field to do a fly by at the local BBQ for the VFW and it looks like a pretty good turnout.

Here's the Corsair warming up for the aerial parade.

And here's one of the two Mustangs in my little "Redneck Air Force" bringing the fluids to operating temps.

Here's another of NAA's manificent "ponies" that shepherded the bombers across the ETO. It's another of the great 1/18 models that seem to clutter up my den these days.

And here's one that I can really identify with even if it's from "across the pond" because it came from a vintage race design. Before there was the Triumph Spitfire there was a Supermarine Spitfire that was part of the triumph in Europe in the forties.

Back at Redneck Field we thought that the show was a little one sided so we rolled these out.

That long nose hid a lot of BMW horsepower with plenty of pickup in this FW190. One of the Black Forest "Hot Rods".

I couldn't get over just how small, comparably, the ME-109 is. In true hot rod fashion it's a small frame, big engined pucker factor 5 ride.

Knowing that we have members from all over the world and that politics are much less on the minds of pilots and modelers than performance and accuratcy, I hope it's alright to share these models also.

Here's my answer to Robert Mitchum's memesis in "The Hunters", Casey Jones, as part of the special jet section of the show. Had to give my son the Sabre ride so he would help with prep and preflight. This thing is a TIGHT fit for a fat old man, eh Rooster?

Just like in "The Hunters", here's the Sabre that'll chase the red stars with Cleve Seville in the cockpit to wind up our little air show.

Hope everyone had a great holiday.
 _GOTOTOP