_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Starting Over Again
SerpentSix
entire network: 48 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 08:02 AM UTC
Hello all. I have recently returned to modeling after a longer than I care to remember absence (my last kit was in junior high, a Tamiya Panzer IV). The combination of the incredible kits available today and the skills of those demonstrated here and other places have inspired me to get building. Many of the projects on this site are just amazing and I would like to develop many of the techniques that they demonstrate. I am already suffering many symptoms of modeling: an ever growing stash, paint under the fingernails, a growing reference library, etc.. I decided to dive in and start with the new Dragon Premium T-34/85 built out of the box just for fun. It has been a good learning tool, but now I am stuck. I reached the chipping stage and could not get anything that looked convincing. I think I need to slow down and focus on the basics so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in following along. Is there any interest in online builds from beginners? I would like to get the feedback and advice as I go, but don’t want to waste bandwidth if no one is interested. Below is the T-34 to date, please forgive the build (like I said, first in forever) and the lighting (I’m still experimenting there too). Thanks for reading.

SerpentSix
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 08:03 AM UTC
Hmmm.... image links didnt work. Since I'm a new guy I guess that's forgiveable. At least they aren't the dreaded red X.
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 08:21 AM UTC
Let me help you out.

SerpentSix
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 08:27 AM UTC
Thanks. What did I do wrong?
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 08:34 AM UTC
You posted the literal URL to the PHP page that displays the image instead of the URL to the actual image. If you go to your gallery and look at one of your images, down at the bottom are 2 links that you can copy. One is BB Code and one is HTML. To embed an image in a post, copy the BBCode one and paste it into your post.
SerpentSix
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 08:47 AM UTC
Awesome, thanks for the help!
 _GOTOTOP