_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello all, big stinkin' newbie!
EvilFD
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 12:53 PM UTC
A little about myself, 23 years old, name is Cody. I've been building models since I was 7-8 years old but am just now getting into the super-detailed, super accurate model building. Picked up my first airbrush the other day and have been experimenting with that. Although I'm far from a pro, I can definitely see a vast vast improvement in my models and their realism. I mostly build WWII aircraft but once I get a little more experience with weathering and my airbrush I'll probably attempt a few armor models.

I'm also ex-military. Was in the Army for 5 years (thank you stop-loss program ) Was an 11B (infantry) with 3rd BDE, 3rd ID. Had the great honor of spearheading the drive into Iraq in March of 2003 with 1-15 Infantry, then did another tour in Iraq in 2005 this time with 1-30 infantry.

Wonderful website, so pleased I found it. Their is so much knowledge here that I believe even I can someday crank out some beautiful models that seem to be so prevalent here. Happy tooling.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 04:54 PM UTC
Welcome Aboard Cody.
Looking forward to seeing your work.
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 04:57 PM UTC
Gday Cody
Welcome into the fold...
Sounds like you have been and seen in a few short years!
I suggest AFVs as a good option. they provide a bigger canvas with which to work on
You should find most all of everything you need here
Cheers
Brad
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 138 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2007 - 06:23 PM UTC
Hi Cody and welcome to the site.

Steve
GeorgePapa
Visit this Community
Akhaia, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 71 Posts
KitMaker Network: 62 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 03:21 AM UTC
Hi Evil,
I'm also a newcomer with general interests in what my practical wife calls "little boy's junk" referring to my lathes and expensive tools and measuring instruments... I am at a loss where to look for the various kind people that have welcomed me too, since I guess, this "introduction" is good only for that. Where do I find you later?
Regret my naive question but I am not that familiar with computers and relative jargon...
Cheers,
George
EvilFD
entire network: 3 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 09:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Evil,
I'm also a newcomer with general interests in what my practical wife calls "little boy's junk" referring to my lathes and expensive tools and measuring instruments... I am at a loss where to look for the various kind people that have welcomed me too, since I guess, this "introduction" is good only for that. Where do I find you later?
Regret my naive question but I am not that familiar with computers and relative jargon...
Cheers,
George

While I'm far from a pro, I'd be happy to attempt to answer any of your questions. YOu can get me on AIM at cpdumph or e-mail at [email protected]
DM1975
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 50 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 09:42 AM UTC
Welcome aboard. I too am a newbe. I am also in the Army. Was in 1-41IN in OIFI and OIFIII. I was in 3-15IN several years ago too.

I have only been a member here for a few days and have already learned so much.
 _GOTOTOP