_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Introduction Forum is useful after all...
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2003 - 02:28 PM UTC
At first I thought this was kind of a waste of space, but it seems to be pulling former lurkers out of the woodwork. I'm seeing a lot of new posters who joined within the last 6 months post for the first time.

For that reason alone, I guess I was wrong. I'm glad more of you new guys are starting to contribute. So don't be shy, start posting, asking questions and answering them.

As for me? Umm, click on my profile and you'll see what I do for a living. Been messing with tracked US Army vehicles for almost 20 years (it'll be 20 this summer). If it crawls and shoots, I've probably bumped my head in it.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 01:04 PM UTC
Rob,
I noticed this effect too. Hopefully this forum is a good ice-breaker to get people use to the idea of sharing info and ideas online.

Cheers,
Jim
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 04:05 AM UTC
I think a youngster´s forum will do the same pulling effect...
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 08:59 AM UTC
I agree with Hunter. Set up a forum for our younger (under 18) modelers. If we get the hobby to grow, the manufactures will be encouraged to put out more and better quality stuff (oh great more $$$$ to spend with 70 kits sitting there on the shelf and about 12 boxes of figres for dioramas)
 _GOTOTOP