Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
My trip to Normandy, a tour with Sean50....
nato308
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 884 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 - 03:15 PM UTC
Some of you know that I recently went to Normandy. I had researched this trip to the hilt. Sean50 a new member here, works for Battlebus Tours in Bayeux Normandy. I encouraged him to join the sight along with a few others. During our tour I discovered he was a modeler and a long time "lurker" here. I've been wanting to welcome him since my return. Life has been crazy for me since returning home. I am rather late in getting this post up. I felt compelled to introduce him, I believe he will become a valuable member as a historian and modeler. I would also encourge anyone planning on a trip to Normandy to contact him and Battlebus tours. It was the best money I have ever spent. Sean's superior knowledge of history and the area is unsurpassed. I took the Band of Brothers tour. The day of the tour we lucked out and were the only passangers that day and we were able to fit in a few other things. In addition to the regular tour Sean was able to work in the XYZ complex, Utah beach, and some of the other airborne objectives of June, 6th 1944. The benefit of going in the off season... I would like to say thank you to Sean and Battlebus for making my trip a once in a lifetime expirence. Here's a few photo's of my trip. Enjoy!

Sean 50 Brecourt Manor

Brecourt Manor

The last standing bridge on the Carentan causeway.

Marmion Farm

The REAL "T" intersection From the BoB's.

Chateau Bellanu, Our B&B in Normandy.

My lovely wife on the balcony of our room.
markm
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 - 10:25 PM UTC
Great pics, I love to see the actual areas in there present condition
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 11:35 PM UTC
Hi Paul glad you enjoeyed the trip,Ive just been over to France but went down the south,we hope to buy a house in Normandy or Brittany very soon.I think I will have to take in the Tour then.