TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Fox cancelled DRIVE!
mlb63
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 355 Posts
KitMaker Network: 199 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 - 06:06 AM UTC

Has anyone else seen an episode of this? Fox gets a new show they promote the hell out of it and cancel it after the first episode does that make any sense? I saw four episodes on the Fox website and you know what the show rocks. Its about an illegal cross country road race and believe me its nothing like cannonball run.And they cancel it for what more reality tv. That kind of stuff really ticks me off.
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
entire network: 2,365 Posts
KitMaker Network: 474 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 - 06:54 AM UTC
They canceled other, great shows before.
I can't comment on it, as I'd be banned from the forums.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 12:27 AM UTC
Not to debate the quality of TV, but reality TV is cheap to produce. No stars with salaries in the $100,000+ range per episode, so even giving a couple of families $10,000 a piece to swap wives or allow a nanny into the home is a bargin compared to the latest costs of a 30 minute sitcom or hour long drama.

But do you notice all the crime drama shows start to look/sound alike? How many shows have a person there who talks to/sees dead people? At least three (Medium, Raines, Ghost Whisperer).

Even a couple of crime shows have non-cop characters work hand in hand to solve crimes (Numb3rs and Bones).

Everything is getting to be so much alike.

Just wait for CSI: Kansas City or Las Vegas or San Diego to hit the airs.
Tapper
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 664 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 06:06 AM UTC
I'm personally looking forward to CSI:Kalamazoo and CSI:Decatur!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 06:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just wait for CSI: Kansas City or Las Vegas or San Diego to hit the airs.

Rob, the original CSI IS set in Las Vegas!
Anyway, on DRIVE. I didn't see the episode, but the premise was strined at best. A high speed cross country run will only take 3 days or less. Heck, there used to be a bicycle event called Race Arcoss America that went prestty much cross country in under 10 days. As a one off TV movie, it mioght have made sense, but to stretch this out as a series seems pointless.
Javlin813
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 336 Posts
KitMaker Network: 134 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 - 06:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Has anyone else seen an episode of this? Fox gets a new show they promote the hell out of it and cancel it after the first episode does that make any sense? I saw four episodes on the Fox website and you know what the show rocks. Its about an illegal cross country road race and believe me its nothing like cannonball run.And they cancel it for what more reality tv. That kind of stuff really ticks me off.

I agree Martin. I enjoyed the few episodes of Drive that Fox aired. I think really had potential to turn into a pretty good series. Fox has a way with new shows! There was sitcom last season that I thought was hilarious but Fox pulled it within four or five episodes. I don't understand how they expect a new show to develop an audience if they drop them before they're given a chance.

Scott
BillyBishop
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 347 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2007 - 07:00 PM UTC
Yep my wife and I enjoyed drive and the CBS series Jericho.

Too expensive to produce is the usual answer as the viewer numbers weren't bad but not good enough

I'll miss em both ...

Cheers, Michael
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2007 - 08:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Anyway, on DRIVE. I didn't see the episode, but the premise was strined at best. A high speed cross country run will only take 3 days or less. Heck, there used to be a bicycle event called Race Arcoss America that went prestty much cross country in under 10 days. As a one off TV movie, it mioght have made sense, but to stretch this out as a series seems pointless.

Bear in mind that one of Fox's highest rated shows, 24, takes place over the course of only one day. An entire season that covers 24 hours, so it can be done and done well.

Fox always cancels a lot of good shows way to soon. Firefly is another example. Of course it got bad ratings, they showed it out of order for crying out loud.
MSGsummit
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 751 Posts
KitMaker Network: 175 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 05:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yep my wife and I enjoyed drive and the CBS series Jericho.

Too expensive to produce is the usual answer as the viewer numbers weren't bad but not good enough

I'll miss em both ...

Cheers, Michael

I didn't know they canceled Jericho! When was this announced. That was a fairly decent show.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 05:27 PM UTC
I did not here Jericho had been canceled either but it has.
http://jerichowiki.cbs.com/page/A+Statement+From+CBS+Entertainment

Me watching a show must be the kiss off death. That was one show I really liked.

Shaun.
I guess I can always watch crab fishing on the Discovery Channel 12 hours a day..