_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
An introduction and my take on model photos
mitchum
entire network: 14 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 - 02:25 AM UTC
Found this board while searching for a place to share some aircraft model stuff I just finished. Looks like a really nice place and a lot of very helpful people.

I usually do vintage stock car photography and post it on both the real racing boards and model boards. My models are geared towards durablity and fooling the lense instead of model contest winning techniques so they look a lot better here than in person.

I have several "sets", from shops to speedways, that I have built and use for variety and always "take it outside" because the sunlight gives me a more lifelike photo.

I use photo manipulating software to do everything from the simple
addition of myself into the shot.................

.....all the way to a full tilt "battle scene" complete with smoke and battle damage.

I like to keep people off balance with "fake" kit boxes, racing cards and even magazine covers.

I have fun with my stuff and it looks like ya'll do too. Hope to share and enjoy models here for a long time.

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 - 03:37 AM UTC
Hi Mitchum and welcome to the site. You have done some really nice photo editing there. Very clever. And great models as well.

I especially like the stock car race and the Hot Rod cover. Some of our armor guys who have access to reenactor gear would probably love a photo of them with their vehicles.

Cheers,
Jim
mitchum
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 - 04:10 AM UTC
Thanks for the welcome. Maybe I could do a few for them.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 - 10:01 AM UTC
Hey Mitch welcome to the site I've seen your work before, can't recall which site though and if I remember correctly you did a bunch of NASCAR baseball type cards...Looking forward to seeing more of what you have. Have you check out the automotive fourms at ModelGeek.

Joe
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 - 10:47 AM UTC
Welcome aboard Mitchum. Your models and photos look great. The stockcar race in particular.
Looking forward to seeing your work at the Automotive forum.
propboy44256
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 - 04:40 PM UTC
That is some unique photos, welcome.
mitchum
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 - 05:11 PM UTC
Thanks for the warm welcome ya'll. That card series got me pretty much kicked off the Speed Board because I never could get through to them that it was just some photos I did for a tribute to my heroes. They kept telling me that any sales or "promotion of products" was prohibited. Totally clueless, but that's the new Nascar I guess.

_GOTOTOP