Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
How did your team do in the NFL draft??
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2007 - 05:25 PM UTC
Well,
I think the Colts did fine. I never understand their picks but I gave up second guessing Bill Polian years ago. They drafted pretty much the whole OSU roster.
Looks like Rob's Pats did really well in the draft and their free agent signings. I am not ready to have the Colts send the Lombardi Trophy to them just yet but a lot of sports writers are.

So, how did your team do?

Shaun
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2007 - 05:42 PM UTC
I was surprised at the trade for Randy Moss, although I think he realizes that his only chance at a Super Bowl ring is to join a team that is a perenniel SB contender. Despite all his hype, he is a pretty decent WR.
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 12:37 AM UTC
I like the Ravens draft. Their first rounder, Grubbs, is big and mean and the highest rated tackle on the board. Then they pick up the top rated fullback in the draft, the fastest guy at the combine and then a Heisman trophy winner with the 5th round pick. Troy Smith may not ever be a top rated NFL quarterback, but from what I've seen of his college play, he's already light years ahead of our current back-up, Kyle Boller. Can't wait for the season to start.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 06:08 PM UTC
The Broncos picked a couple of guys with character issues. I just hope they both turn out better than Maurice Clarett did a couple of years ago. They can't be any worse. The big news for them this off season has been their free agents and if they work out it's going to be a great year. One way or the other I'm certainly ready for football to start again.

We're half way there, Feb, Mar, and April have gone, just May, June, July and then pre-season!

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 12:35 AM UTC
Me...I'm a Raiders fan from way back in the late 60's so I am thrilled with our choice for #1. I loved Daryl "the Mad Bomber" Lamonica and Ken "the Snake" Stabler so maybe we can restore our glory days with ths guy who apparantly has a bazooka throwing arm. Now all we need to do is protect him.
propboy44256
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 - 05:17 PM UTC
The Cleveland Browns did well, there was all kinds of attention to the browns draft on ESPN, although I dont think they need another quarterback.