_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Bush Telegraph
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Praise for my LHS
wizard179
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 251 Posts
KitMaker Network: 46 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 04:41 PM UTC
Hi all

Just wanted to throw some praise to my LHS, Avenue Hobbies in Chatswood, NSW.

A couple of months ago my 20year old compressor started to die and I began making some enquiries about a replacement unit. I asked Barry at Avenue the price of a unit and he quoted me a price that was a bit higher than I was ready to pay at the time. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago the compressor went to the great spray booth in the sky and my commitment to buying a new one increased. I asked him to get me one in and when I went to pick it up today, the actual retail price was about $50+ dollars less than originally quoted.

Now, I figure he could have charged me the original price as I had committed to that but I didn't even have to question the price to get the lower price. Excellent service and exactly why I try to buy things through him when I can.

Thanks!!!

Cheers
Wiz
Phil_H
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 78 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 09:17 AM UTC
Gotta say, Avenue Hobbies is one of Sydney's best kept secrets.

It could be easily overlooked if you just glanced at it from the outside, and is damned hard to find if you don't know where it is, but when you do get inside, you'll find some of the best prices in the country, and easily, Sydney's biggest selection of AM stuff in one shop.

Barry is a modeller himself, so he knows what modellers want and need. Its a pity I can't get there as often as I'd like to, being over an hour's drive away.
 _GOTOTOP