_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello fellow modelers
candyflip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 02:14 AM UTC
Hi all, just got back into modeling about a month ago, got the buzz back after about 10 years away, having two kids stop me having any time to myself to make any. i started making 1/35 tanks and figures by tamiya, airfix by watching my father make and paint them when i was a kid. by chance i walk into a model shop while visiting family, (no model shops where i live) just to have a browse, now i'm hook again at 35! so over the last month been collecting kits here and there (dragon, tamiya, afvclub, and can't wait to get stuck in again!. hope to get updated with all the new modelling techniques, got a lot of catching up to do!

cheers ian.
jabo6
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 276 Posts
KitMaker Network: 72 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 03:39 AM UTC
Hi Ian, Welcome from Texas. Like your user signature.
candyflip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 05:54 PM UTC
cheers for the welcome john, there lines from the poem 'The Soldier' by rupert brooke.
captfue
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 785 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 03:31 AM UTC
Welcome back Ian. I don't build anymore just sculpt figures myself. I think you'll be amazed at all the new advances in the last ten years. I myself had a few years off while in the service. Got back into it after my daughter gave me a gift certificate to a hobby shop. Haven't stop in ten years. Good luck hope to see some of your work soon.
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 138 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 10:37 PM UTC
Hi Ian and welcome mate.

Steve
 _GOTOTOP