Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Worlds WORST beer....
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
entire network: 2,174 Posts
KitMaker Network: 613 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2007 - 11:44 AM UTC
I'd have to go with Baron's. I think it's Singaporean. But also Bison, which is a high-alcohol Sri Lankan stout. Both are pretty awful.
seuss95b
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 173 Posts
KitMaker Network: 45 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2007 - 01:41 PM UTC
The worst is an empty beer!!!

But really my pick for worst is Kirner Pilsner from Germany for its bitter taste. But for here in the states I will go with rolling rock beer.
bydand
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 278 Posts
KitMaker Network: 72 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2007 - 03:28 PM UTC
Dave,

There's nowt wrong with shippo's . actualy it had to be kept very well as it did seem to go off in the pipes and was best drunk in Notts as it didn't travel well.

The worst beer has to be some Canadian wheat beer (moose head, moose P****, or something) I think that was the ONLY time I've left beer undrunk closely followed by china beer(a brand) which had the consistancy of olive oil and did taste like a dead fish. This being on a par with Hong Kong brewed San Mig, So for 16 years I only drank carlsberg, funny thing is I can't stand that now

Craig
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2007 - 05:35 PM UTC
I don't drink as much as I used to, but I do recall having to tell a friend that the beer he gave me was undrinkable. I took the first mouthful and told him I was sorry I couldn't drink that... It was Labatts 50.. Followed by but not as bad, Labatts Blue..

Dave
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2007 - 06:56 PM UTC
Pabst Blue Ribbon Extra Lite...
I gave it away and I would drink Sterno squeezed through a handkerchief...

Shaun
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2007 - 09:47 PM UTC
Iron City is the winner. The most god awful stuff you would want to taste. Piels is a close second. All the others listed above are sweet nectur compared to these two. Yes, Coors is tateless colored water, but at least it does not taste awful. I think actors are given Iron City when they have to do spit takes.

Bob
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2007 - 11:28 PM UTC
I dont like Grolch,its like5%water bloody tasteless.and carlsberg awfull Tescoes own best bitter tastes like s**t and the next day thats all you do.
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 12:59 PM UTC
This may upset some of our English members but the worst beer I have ever had has to be London Pride, I think it may because I am from down under where we like our beer cold!. I just couldn't stand room temperature, stout (Is it a stout)
Ross
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 213 Posts
KitMaker Network: 81 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 05:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This may upset some of our English members but the worst beer I have ever had has to be London Pride, I think it may because I am from down under where we like our beer cold!. I just couldn't stand room temperature, stout (Is it a stout)

Gosh, I'm sorry old chap but that must have been an exceptionally duff pint as it is obvious that London Pride is a near winner for best beer. London Pride is a "bitter", stout is something altogether different and was apparently invented by accident, which explains a lot. Another thing is that proper beer should be at cellar temperature and not room temperature. If your vendor has no heart for the sacred brew and does sell it at room temperature then he's probably in the wrong trade.

As to worst beer I think EKU 28 may well be the World's least best beer. It claims to be the strongest but I think a number of other qualities have been sacrificed in order to achieve this.
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 765 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 05:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Back in the late 70's I used to travel round the country a lot,and I think it would be a tossup between a Welsh beer called Felinfach(we used to call it feeling foul),Dave.

We did too

And BTW Pride shouldn't be served at cryogenic temperatures, the yeast used to make beers over here doesn't do cold, unlike the yeast used for lagers.
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 06:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ok, first I have to say I'm not a beer drinker (please don't throw me out of the man club ). Having stated that, a bunch of guys in my local club were out a little while back at a local place where they boast of having a huge beer selection. As a joke one of the guys got a glass of this German beer (sorry I don't remember the name) he passed it around and this stuff tasted and smelled like very bad beef jerkey. It was so foul I could still taste it an hour or so later after dinner! I'll have to try and find out the name of it.

Mike

Ok, just a quick update from my earlier post, the beer I was talking about is Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier. It's apparently a specialty beer of a tavern brewery in Bamberg, Germany. They actually smoke the barley malt before mashing and the smoked taste is left in the beer. One of the guys in the club called it "liquid meat" .

http://www.schlenkerla.de/rauchbier/beschreibunge.html

Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 12:12 PM UTC
Cave creek chili beer. I really like chili. The hotter, the better, but chili beer, that's a no go.

Ceres Bering brew. Awful stuff. Beautiful reddish color but sweet as candy.
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2007 - 12:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Gosh, I'm sorry old chap but that must have been an exceptionally duff pint as it is obvious that London Pride is a near winner for best beer. London Pride is a "bitter", stout is something altogether different and was apparently invented by accident, which explains a lot. Another thing is that proper beer should be at cellar temperature and not room temperature. If your vendor has no heart for the sacred brew and does sell it at room temperature then he's probably in the wrong trade.

As to worst beer I think EKU 28 may well be the World's least best beer. It claims to be the strongest but I think a number of other qualities have been sacrificed in order to achieve this.

Ross and David thank you for the explaination, It was definatly room temp And to be honest I am not a bitter fan, so I guess that will explain my dislike for it lol