_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Dallas Platoon April Meeting
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 11:06 PM UTC
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has it really been a month since we last met? Anyway It is this Saturday the usual time and place. Don't know if there will be a class or anything. Anyone who hasn't been in a while or new to the area can post a plea for directions or more info and someone will probably get back to you fairly quickly. Bring something to work on or Keith will assign you one of his projects I'm sure.
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 07:36 PM UTC
I think the program for the April meeting is a Bare Metal Foil demo.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 09:19 PM UTC
That's right. I know most of us at one time or another dabled in wingy things. This might get us to start braching back out again. Hey the guy teaching this is a master craftsman. In case you never ever heard of the original 3 Star Wars movies This guy was one of the model makers for them
tabascojunki
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 110 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2007 - 09:42 AM UTC
I'll see if I can make it out. I'm finally getting over the crud that I've had for about a week, and I'm tired from work, so I may have an uncontrollable need to sit on my butt at the house. We'll see how I feel.

If I do make it out though, I'll show off the battle damage my Marder III suffered at the hands of my 2 year old nephew. Little booger got ahold of it Easter Sunday when no one was looking.
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 08:58 PM UTC
Sorry you couldn't make the meeting...since I spent most of Sunday fighting crud to standstill, I have a pretty good idea how you were feeling. in the battle of 2-years-olds vs Marders, I don't think the Marders can ever prevail...not even the 1:1 versions
tabascojunki
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 110 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 - 05:43 AM UTC

This one could've been a lot worse, but still. Kinda disheartening. I'll probably come back to it after a while. I might work on some aircraft in the meantime.

And as for why I didn't get to make it out, I got stuck painting at home. Walls, unfortunately.
rbeebe99
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 540 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 - 10:37 AM UTC
Hi fellas,
I recently moved from San Antonio to Tyler, would like to attend the meeting sometime. Where and when do you all meet?
Best Regards,
Robert
rbeebe99
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 540 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2007 - 09:22 AM UTC
anyone??
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 08:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi fellas,
I recently moved from San Antonio to Tyler, would like to attend the meeting sometime. Where and when do you all meet?
Best Regards,
Robert

The meeting is at the Hobby Annex store at the corner of Preston Road and Campbell in far north Dallas. The meetings are the last Saturday of the month, start at around 1 pm, and last until 5 pm or so. It's come and go as you please. If you would like more detailed directions on how to get the store, PM me and I'll do my best to provide you with same

_GOTOTOP