_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
HOW to include screen shots in a posting?
leebo
Visit this Community
Kyoto-fu, Japan / 日本
entire network: 21 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2007 - 10:58 PM UTC
I recently asked for help in identifying a figure of a Japanese pilot. I already had the photo as a .jpeg on my screen but I couldn't manage to put it in my posting. Someone else did though, and it really helped.

If someone needs to include a photo in a posting, how does it work? Assuming the picture is already in file format, what does one do?

Thanks.
markm
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2007 - 11:03 PM UTC
I think you can upload it to your gallery here then just include it in your post.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2007 - 11:38 PM UTC
If the picture is posted on line, simply right click on it. A box opens up. At the bottoms is the term "Properties." Click on that and another box opens. In the middle is URL Address. Triple click on the address which starts with h t t p and ends in jpg or gif. Right click on the highlighted address and choose "Copy" from the box that opens up.
Now, go back to your post and click the "img" button and replace the simulated address by highlighting the text between the sets of brackets and right clicking on the highlighted part and choose "paste' from the box that opens up. It will llook something like this without spaces:
[ i m g ]https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules/SquawkBox/images/levels/12_1.gif[ / i m g ]
leebo
Visit this Community
Kyoto-fu, Japan / 日本
entire network: 21 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 10:20 PM UTC

Hello Al,

That was slick as hell! Your instructions worked very well, and it's so easy. Thank you very much!

(Heh, heh. Now to resist the temptation to clog up the forums with photos.)

Thanks again!

_GOTOTOP