_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Registration Problems
HansBolter
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 42 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2007 - 07:46 PM UTC
I have had ongoing problems going back and forth between Armorama and KitMaker.

I do not remember ever registering on KitMaker. When I would try and go from Armorama pages to see photos of the monthly contests, which are apparently hosted by KitMaker, I would be prompted for a log-in and I would provide my Armorama username and password. I never got a response that it was not an acceptable username or password, but would be shunted to a personal page instead of to the photos.

A site administrator suggested I delete my temporary files and cookies. After doing so my attempts to use my Armorama username and password to log in to KitMaker got rejected with the message that no such account exists.

I then attempted to register on KitMaker and got a response that the username and password were already registered.

Below is a partial transcript of my communications with the site administrator:

Merril,

I'm out of ideas. Your case seems to be very user specific. Only thing I can recommend to you is to post a thread in the User Support forum and see if Jim S. can reset your account or something similar in terms of how your email is linked to your user ID. For some reason, your ID isn't translating across to Kitmaker for the galleries.

[b]https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewforum&forum_id=24&page=1[b]

Bill

[quote]
on 2007-04-24 06:12, HansBolter wrote:
I just tried to register on KitMaker. I got an error response that the username is already taken, which is understandable, but the message also stated that my email address is already registered. I can choose another username, although having to log-in twice with two different usernames would likely be such a pain in the ass that it would deter me from using the site, but there is nothing I can do about the email address. If kitmaker won't allow me to register an account because it thinks my email address is already resgistered, but treats me as though I am not, how am I ever supposed to get registered?

[quote]

on 2007-04-23 11:22, wbill76 wrote:

Try creating a new Kitmaker ID account and use the same name and password as you do on Armorama and see if that works for you. You may still have to login in 2 times (once at Armorama and again at Kitmaker) but at least your user name and pw will be the same.

Can some one please assist me in getting properly registered on both sites so I can have full access to the various site functions?

Merrill Wright
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2007 - 07:54 PM UTC
Merrill,
I am not sure what is going on precisely but here are some factors.

1. The sites (Armorama, KitMaker, ModelGeek, AeroScale, Historicus Forma, Mode Shipwrights, and several others) are all the same login. As they are using the same server, the same database to store and retrieve data, etc. So an account on Armorama IS an account on KitMaker or any of the other sites. The system does not even know which site you started the account on.

2. The reforwarding script that would send you from your "My Account" page (once logged in) to the page you requested to be logged in on requires that JavaScript is working on your browser. This is how that code works. If JavaScript is not turned on (or disabled for that domain) then you will go nowhere thus staying on your My Account/User page. So that might explain that.

3. As for the message "no such account exists", well based on the facts outlined in point #1 I am going to have to say "user error" on that one. It's scientifically impossible that you can get that message IF you are inputing the correct username AND password. Are you sure you know your password? Perhaps you have it saved for Armorama and when you try to login on KitMaker you are inputing the wrong password??

Just some ideas.

Thanks,
Jim
HansBolter
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2007 - 11:54 PM UTC
I'll investigate the Java script issue to see if that is what is detering the redirection following log-in.

As for the user error......I am already successfully logged-in to Armorama when I am prompted for another log-in to KitMaker. While I don't believe I am inept enough to log-in one way and a few minutes later log-in a completely different way....anything is technically possible...especially since I am a CAD user who uses all caps in the notations in my drawings without a "caps" light on my keyboard to remind me to turn it off when I switch out of AutoCAD to other programs.

I don't believe this is the case as my username is visible as I type it beofre I type the obscurred passowrd and I am careful to type my username as it appears in the forums with a combination of caps and lower case (HansBolter).

I will make another attempt at the log-in being extra careful with regard to capatilization and spelling.

Merrill

HansBolter
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2007 - 11:59 PM UTC
I just went through the same motions withe same results.

I was already logged-in to Armoroama.

I went to the MOM page and then followed the link to the photos.

I followed the instructions on the photo page and clicked the log-in hypertext in the upper right corner.

I carefully typed my username in a combination of caps and lowercase and provided my password in the same case it is registered in.

I got a response that "No account exists with that information".
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 06:24 AM UTC
I have updated the login system so that it will tell you whether the password is incorrect or (alternately) it doesn't recognize the username.

Try logging in again and seeing what message you get.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP