Shows and events in North America.
Tamiya Con ????
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 08:52 AM UTC
Just went on the Tamiya USA web site and could find NOTHING about Tamiya Con. Anybody know what's going on with the Big T?
GSPatton
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 11:24 AM UTC
Just found this - answered my own question---

Tamiya/Con 2007 moves to Fall..........
We would like to announce our plans for Tamiya/Con 2007. Traditionally Tamiya/Con has been held over the years in the Spring time. This year we would like to try something different and new as we look for new ways to make this modeling contest one of the premiere events of the year. In 2007 Tamiya/Con will be held sometime in the Fall with exact dates soon to be posted here. With this new time frame we hope those of you hurrying to get your models done in time can now breathe a little easier. You now have more time to finish your masterpieces and more time to get started. Stayed tuned to our website news section as final fall dates will be announced shortly.

Go figure----
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 08:42 PM UTC
From what I understand they are going to be doing something in conjunction with the IPMS Nationals in Anaheim (August 22nd - 25th).

Dragon will also be holding Dragon Expo '07 also at the Mariott during that time.
http://www.dxpo.com/dx/07/news.asp

Cheers,
Jim
GSPatton
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 - 07:31 AM UTC
Although I love a good model show - Three "big" shows in rapid order may be overkill - (especially for my wallet!)
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 11:02 AM UTC
Well, I just wish somebody would have somehting in or around Atlanta. Being stuck to finding everything on the internet can be a pain at times.

But, on the plus side it is easier on my wallett not having a good hobby store in my town.
 _GOTOTOP