Whats happened at Ebay????
MTDriver
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 66 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 06:52 AM UTC
Hi all,
just clicked on favorite search in Ebay (1:35th scale) and found that all sections have been lumped together under 'Model Kits',with over 9000 items and 196 pages.Tried typing in just the area I'm interested in and it came back with just 16 listings.Will this affect sellers and buyers who haven't the time or inclination to browse that many pages/items?Anybody know whats going on?
Regards.....Dave
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 07:09 AM UTC
Probably a glitch - they've been updating the header tool bar over the last week - I just went in via Catagory searches and they are all there.
Hip_Priest
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 142 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 08:54 PM UTC
I haven't been on here for a few years now but am in the p;rocess of moving house and came across some painted figs etc in the lot which I thought may be worth shifting on ebay. Having looked under 1/32, military, etc, there seems but a fraction of items there compared to years ago.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 09:20 PM UTC
Ebay seems to have drifted slowly towards being more like a rather large 'Mall' or 'shopping centre'. Most model related stuff is now sold by ebay shops and like wise professional sellers. The private sellers, and bargains, seem to be very thin on the ground today.
BTW, I was busy listing a model for sale a few days ago, when I realised that somehow UK listings can not be viewed by US based bidders? Something about the cost of shipping, conversion of currency or market protection? Well, after a few recent disappointing sales (and non sale... ) I don't think I'll bother much with it any more. Since my LHS re-opened I have not needed to buy through the internet, as he will order anything I need/want. In fact he will start to stock most things that I suggest....

pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,106 Posts
KitMaker Network: 858 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 09:33 PM UTC
Henk, I come up with sellers from the UK all the time..in fact..I have to click the "US Only" tab to weed you out
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 10:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

in fact..I have to click the "US Only" tab to weed you out

Is it my after-shave?

seriously, I have not yet really checked it out, but when I started my listing it came up with a message about listings not being listed on the US site. Something about having to list detailed shipping cost to the US I think.. I'll look into it later.

Cheers
Henk
panzerboy1944
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 236 Posts
KitMaker Network: 126 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2007 - 02:47 PM UTC
Hi
thats the beta verson you can keep your old version
Thanks panzerboy
pigsty
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 116 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 11:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Since my LHS re-opened I have not needed to buy through the internet, as he will order anything I need/want. In fact he will start to stock most things that I suggest....

Henk

Purely out of interest, in case I'm ever in the area, where is your LHS?

seán
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 11:49 PM UTC
Sean,

My LHS is 'the Gascupboard' (I know, the name is not exactly a giveaway.. ). It is in Westbury, Wiltshire. He also trades on Ebay (mainly RR and RC ) but his Website should soon be operational.

Cheers
Henk
 _GOTOTOP