Italeri DUKW w'105mm #6429 Wheel Skirts
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 04:40 AM UTC
Hey all,

I'm looking for one specific version of the Italeri DUKW. It's the one that comes with the 105mm. I would need this kit (or the parts) as it is the only one by Ity that has the sprue which contains the 6 pieces that cover the wheels.

Now, if you built this kit and did not use those pieces and still have 'em, we can most assuredly talk. I'd buy the whole kit (yep, I'd eventually build it) but what I really, really need are the "wheel skirts." Whole kit? Kool. Wheel Skirts alone? Even muy mas better!!!

Please, if you have the kit or the skirts, let me know! My email is shown in "my profile" or PM me right here. Emails and PMs always responded to as soon as I get/see them.

Many thanks ahead of time!!

Mike
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 05:05 AM UTC
Mike,
Sorry, I don't have the kit or the parts. They are quite easy to make though. I made them for the original DUKW kit. All you need is some sheet styrene and cut it to fit the openings. Next, cut a couple thin strips and make the stiffening strips. Add a thinner strip on top of each of these and you are set.

Good luck either way you go.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 04:40 PM UTC
Hey Gino, that will be the route I'll wind up going down the road when I get the newer DUKWs. I'm still hoping to get a set of the original pieces so I can "see" how they're "styled." Basically I need a set of "masters" to start out with if you know what I mean. Eventually I hope to do a small beach landing / post-beach landing scene with two or three DUKWs (with skirts but without the 105s).

Here's hoping someone out there has that extra sprue in their parts box they won't need or the kit they figure won't be built.

Of course I'll pay postage and FMV for the parts or kit (money order, PayPal, personal check; seller's choice).

Thanks again all.

Mike
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 04:32 PM UTC
Folks, I'm still looking and still hoping.....

Mike
 _GOTOTOP