Shows and events in Europe.
Hinckley Model Show
mark197205
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,593 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 02:29 AM UTC
Hi everyone, this is a friendly reminder to all the Brits out there, the 22nd of April is the date for the East Midlands Model Show held at Hinckley Leisure centre 10am-4.30pm.
There will be a multitude of different clubs attending along with a very wide range of different traders covering all sides of modelling from kits to books, tools to accessories along with a few that sell RC and stuff for those that like shiny chrome wheels on their vehicles....
There is also a very hotly contested competition with over 30 different classes and at only 50p per entry too.

To get into what is probably the best show in Britain if not the whole world will cost the amazingly low sum of £4 for adults and £2.50 for kids and OAP so come one and come all and have a grand day out!
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 05:05 AM UTC
Only four days to go til the show, building time is running out fast for entries, if you havent got it finished you'd best get cracking!!
gbkirsch
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 627 Posts
KitMaker Network: 81 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 06:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Only four days to go til the show, building time is running out fast for entries, if you havent got it finished you'd best get cracking!!

Wish I could go but unfortunately I'm on the wrong side of the pond! Good luck to all!

Gary
MTDriver
Visit this Community
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 66 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 01:33 PM UTC
Yeah,get cracking on those models for the comps,am in a mean mood for judging,has have just had an accident at work and am in pain,biccies(cookies) and tea may just placate my demeanor(if you're lucky!).Will attempt to take some digital photo's of show(and I mean attempt as I am a bit of a Luddite with techie stuff!).All the best to everyone entering for show,standards were very high last year with some excellent models on display.If it's as warm on Sunday as it has been this past few days,you could always go for a swim in the pool,or better still,buy me a beer at the bar to cool off!
Regards.....Dave.(Captain Acid).
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 09:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yeah,get cracking on those models for the comps,am in a mean mood for judging,has have just had an accident at work and am in pain,biccies(cookies) and tea may just placate my demeanor(if you're lucky!).Will attempt to take some digital photo's of show(and I mean attempt as I am a bit of a Luddite with techie stuff!).All the best to everyone entering for show,standards were very high last year with some excellent models on display.If it's as warm on Sunday as it has been this past few days,you could always go for a swim in the pool,or better still,buy me a beer at the bar to cool off!
Regards.....Dave.(Captain Acid).

Mmmm, bar...
 _GOTOTOP