_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
New Resolution Centre Log In Not Working
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 14,499 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 09:56 PM UTC
Hi Guys,

I was thinking of entering a kit in the new Dragon MOM thingi. I have two log ins one for here and one for the Kitmaker submissions thingi. Neither password works and there is no reply tab in Jim's post about the rule changes to say so.

Any thoughts?

Al
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 10:02 PM UTC
A few people have reported a problem logging in. Rudi figured out for example that for the admin login the username is CAsE sensitive, so entering "Tarok" did not work while entering "tarok" did.

Are you entering the username and password exactly as the reminder email shows? If so forward me the email and I will try it to see what is up.

Thanks,
Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 10:10 PM UTC
I double-checked. Usernames are not caSe sensitive. Passwords are of course. Send me the email please so I can figure out what the issue is.

Thanks,
Jim
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 10:49 PM UTC
Hi Jim,

I did a forgot password option but have had no response.

Will PM you the details.

Al
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 1,086 Posts
KitMaker Network: 77 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 10:57 PM UTC
same here..is there any easy way..or user's friendly..? i'm trying to send a winzipfile..no response too.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 12:14 AM UTC
Ed,
Since you are using Yahoo (and it sounds like you didn't get my reply from the help desk either) I am going to guess that your messages are simply going to your spam/junk area. Please look there for them.

The emails *are* going out folks. What your mail provider does with them is not our fault.

Alan - I would try doing the same or if you are using Outlook again make sure the emails are not going to a spam folder.

For everyone - IF THIS IS HAPPENING make sure to set our email account ([email protected]) as a trusted email or say it's not spam, that should stop that from happening in future.

If the emails are not reaching you at all then most likely the ISP is blocking them completely (this is called black-holing and it's a very nasty solution to the world's spam problem). Personally and I have already expressed this to staff, I would recommend DUMPING Yahoo, MSN, AOL and most of the other so called "free" email services and going with G-Mail. Much superior from a spam and lost email standpoint.

All that said (as it's nice that users can actually login to check submissions, submit to the correct areas, etc) there IS a simple system for submitting a ticket to the NRC. Simply email [email protected]. You can attach files as well. So for Armorama, support[AT]armorama.com, etc. Please Note: This only works for the major sites. Please email support[AT]kitmaker.net for IPMS-UK, BENNELUX, etc.

Thanks,
Jim
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 12:42 AM UTC
Jim, I got this reply when I typed in my user name and password. The old submission way, I had my user ID and password the same as what it is to login to Armorama.

"You cannot register for an account due to administrator settings."

Do I just have Operator Head Space and Timing issues?
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 01:48 AM UTC
Hi Jim,

This simply isn't working, at least for me. I'm not getting any emails and they are not going into the spam folder.

I'll pass for now and await developments.

cheers

Al

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 03:13 AM UTC
Argg... you know I really try to help you guys with technical issues but sometimes it seems like no one is READING what I am typing.

Alan....did you read the last part of my remark above? I have bolded the relevant parts.

Pete....In several posts here and right on the front page of the new help desk it talks about how to access your account there. You have to use the forgot password link on that site (link) to get the password emailed to you.

And the email does go out. I would bet a MILLION dollars if I had such an amount that an email goes out to the account you have listed in your My Account area here on this site. If you are not getting said email there is not really a lot I can do about that. Sorry.

Jim
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 10:32 PM UTC
Hi Jim,

Sent it off to the Spt Centre.

Cheers

Al
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 09:31 PM UTC
Hi Jim,

Sent the file off to the Support Centre last night. So what happens now? WIll they forward it on or post it for me?

Cheers

Al
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 10:02 PM UTC
Alan,
What email did you send it to? I don't see anything by you in the NRC. And if the submission goes through you get a confirmation email back from the system.

Thanks,
Jim
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2007 - 01:12 PM UTC
Morning Jim,

It went to [email protected], which is what came up when I clicked on the link. I haven't had an 'administrator error message' so it's gone off somewhere, but then again I haven't had a confirmation either.

Sorry for the trouble, I'k cracked the KitmMaker Network one, but the new version doesn't seem to want to operate for me.

I checked all the unwanted messages boxes both on Outlook and also with my ISP but nothing there.

It's another of lifes mysteries

Al
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2007 - 01:22 PM UTC
Alan,
My apologies but perhaps I was being a bit to "tech speak" on that example. What I meant by [email protected] is:

support (at) armorama.com
support (at) aeroscale.co.uk
support (at) modelshipwrights.com
support (at) hfmodeling.com
support (at) modelgeek.com
support (at) kitmaker.net

And by (at) of course I mean an @ sign. But as spam spiders cruise the net looking for email addresses I don't want to put anything they can pull up.

So support (at) armorama.com should do it for you.

Cheers,
Jim

AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2007 - 01:29 PM UTC
Ah got ya, it was just what appeared in the generated email so I assumed it was correct.

Third time lucky.

Thanks

Al
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2007 - 10:32 PM UTC
Hi Jim,

sent the files off again this morning at 0930 hours - stil not confirmation email, odd?

Al
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 05:30 AM UTC
Alan,
The submission came through fine that time. As for the email... well you weren't getting those before so that's expected. Are you sure that there isn't some kind of "white list" or "approved email" feature for your NTLworld email? We have many users with that type of email and they are getting their signup emails, and other server mail.

Thanks,
Jim
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 06:21 AM UTC
Alan, your email seems to be the problem as the submissions arrived in the SC, and your DMoM entry has been proccesed now. So fingers crossed.

Henk
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,106 Posts
KitMaker Network: 858 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 05:21 AM UTC
I cant get logged in either. I did the forgot password thing just in case, still no email. I do have yahoo, but, Ive received numerous emails from that site before with no problems. Dont know why they wouldnt be coming through now, and no, theyre not in my spam box either.
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 06:35 AM UTC
Tim, I don't know about reply emails, but your submission has been received in the RC save and sound (just like Alan's). I have uploaded your choosen picture to the contest gallery, which will be opened up for public viewing when the voting starts at the 16th.

Cheers
Henk
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 08:41 AM UTC
Thanks Jim and Henk,

I'll look into the list thingi, but I always got them from Kitmaker no problem.

Cheers

Al
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 02:09 PM UTC
Just a stupid question, but you are using the same email adres that you used to register on Armorama/Kitmaker? I know, you probably did, but sometimes it is as simple as 'did you plug it in.?..'
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 02:19 PM UTC
Henk, Tim, just an FYI, I too HAD a Yahoo e-mail addy listed for site notification e-mails, but had to sign up for a g-mail account...Yahoo "black-holes" the SC e-mails, they won't show up in your spam, bulk, or trash, or anywhere for that matter...so if you really want to utilize the new SC(and it's definitely worth it ) , time to get a different mail server, mate.
~Gunny
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,106 Posts
KitMaker Network: 858 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 04:21 PM UTC
Thanks Henk, appreciate it...by the way, are you not receiveing my PMs? Ive sent two with no response, just wondering.
Gunny, I appreciate the tip, though, I shouldnt have to change emails to use a website., guess I just wont use the website.
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 05:01 PM UTC
Tim,

I received one PM from you, regards the log-in problem. I addressed it in the forum, and had not yet acknowledged your PM. No second PM though? When did you sent the second one?

Cheers
Henk
 _GOTOTOP