_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
WWP 's Styker in detail - Go buy it!!!!
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
entire network: 2,264 Posts
KitMaker Network: 254 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 11:30 AM UTC
For those who have not gotten WWP's book, 'Stryker in detail'
by author Ralph Zwilling, should definitely go buy it now. It's simply the best book, so far, for modelers wanting to build an accurate stryker model.. Especially with the now available Trumpeter Stryker and the many variants on the way by other companies. This will certainly be a must have book. I got it and let me tell you that I've gone through it a dozen times and still am. Get this. It's just Part one. 132 pages of full color Strykers. Yes, every variant is pictured in this book. Detail galore. Folks. I say this only once- GO BUY THE BOOK!!!!!! I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

http://www.wwpbooks.com/index.php?lang=en&page=showbook&book=63
jasondiggs
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 120 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 04:23 PM UTC
Now that is something I am definately going to get. Thanks for the heads up Charles.
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 07:28 PM UTC
Thanks for the posting Charles, this really does look like a 'must have' reference for the Stryker. You say every variant, is there anything in this book about the Canadian LAV III? I want to convert Trumpeters Stryker kit to an LAV III and i was hoping this book would help.

Bob
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 07:48 PM UTC
Sorry Bob. No LAV III. I too am in the process of converting Trumpeter Stryker to a LAV III. I am using photos from Primeportal.net. There's quite a few alterations you have to do. I had to remove and open up the front vents and completely replacement with scratchbuilt ones. A little tedious but I'm hoping the end results will be worth it.
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 09:58 PM UTC
Very cool - I'm a couple of months (maybe?) from starting that project so I'd like to compare notes with you.

thanks;
Bob
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 10:20 PM UTC
No problem Bob. I'll try and take some shots of the areas that need changing as I go along building it.
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 330 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 12:54 AM UTC
Don't forget the AMPS Styker Special issue. 40 Pages with lots of colour photos of the RV and ICV version with a lot of previously unseen photos of the slat armour and how it mounts to the vehicle.

I believe we have the only current publication with detailed photos of the slat armour without the usual piles of crew stowage. Charles, does the WWP book have photos of the slat armour and its mounting hardware?

Paul
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 01:00 AM UTC
Yes Paul, it does have all that. It even shows how the slats are mounted. It's truely a wonderful piece of reference book. Again, this is only part one of thís book. I would guess part two might include the LAV III variants as well. The pics are clear and upclose. The author has done a damn fine job. I'm still going through it for 50th time. It's amazing.
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 05:36 AM UTC
I'm waiting for mine. It's got a steep price too.

Anyway, Charles, does it have good photos of the different blast shields around the air guard hatches of the in-country vehicles? This has been very common for the last couple of years. Before that sandbags were used in combination with rolls of Kevlar blankets.

Bob
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 09:54 AM UTC
Hi Burik. I will pretend I know what you mean I'm not ept in every aspect of the styrker terminology but if I understand you correct these are protective shields put up to save guard the occupants from bullets, right? If so I've manged to find two pics of ´such. These reside on the M1127 RV model. I see two shields at an angle with glass embedded on one of the copular. There's also another steel plate or shield in front of the right air vent. I suspect this is want you mean. Not sure. I'll see if I can take some pics.

There are pics of strykers with sand bags as well. Very detail. I hope I did get it correct.
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 09:19 AM UTC
Charles, yes you pretty much have it right. The airguard hatches are the two rear hatches of the roof. The blast shields, which replaced the sandbag set up, goes around the airguard hatches. I think the protection around the weapon station has been there longer.

Bob
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 01:50 PM UTC
I wasn't able to find any pics of that but I will go through it again and make sure. I've just been viewing all the pics on fly by. Again, really nice pics. You will definitely like it when you get yours. I just hope they would publicize part two.
 _GOTOTOP