_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Giving something back
Removed by original poster on 09/05/08 - 23:17:55 (GMT).
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 03:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If you can take the time, try submitting an article for publication. Not everyone feels comfortable writing for publication because of fears of rejection, inexperience with writing, or the belief that they have nothing of interest to say. But if you remember the reaction you had to reading an article yourself and thinking "I could build this," or "That's a great idea!" then be assured that your ideas and experiences are worth sharing.

Scale modelling is one of the world's most popular hobbies. It offers infinite variety and can be enjoyed with minimum skill or with great artistry. And its enthusiasts are always willing to share their know-how - to give something back.

Very well put James, and I would like to second that recommendation. We're all going to leave this world someday, and I prefer to try to leave a little lasting memory of myself trying to help and encourage my fellow man or women, in some small way.
MrKipling
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 27 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 10:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I would like to second that recommendation. We're all going to leave this world someday, and I prefer to try to leave a little lasting memory of myself trying to help and encourage my fellow man or women, in some small way.

I perceive the function of this site, and to a smaller extent my own, as an opportunity to record the combined knowledge of a vast array of modellers. Each of us has something to contribute to the hobby.

Being able to give it permanence and pass it along can be considered as our participation in the greater attempt to preserve the oral history of our community.
 _GOTOTOP