Shows and events in North America.
SCAHMS show in Southern CA.
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 835 Posts
KitMaker Network: 350 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2003 - 06:55 PM UTC
Anyone going to this? I went to their web site and they have the address posted but no schedule that I could find. I am going to be down there next weekend and figured I would stop by, maybe even bring something. ANY information anyone could tell me about the show other than the location would be great. Thanks in advance.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 08:02 AM UTC
Drew - I used to attend the show regularly, but haven't in the last few years. I was considering heading down there this weekend - but haven't decided yet.

When I attended:

The California Show is a figure event. Spectacular figures are exhibited and internationally renown figure modelers attend the show. It's good to take a camera if you're remotely interested in figures - there's a lot to see. Ordnance subjects (AFV models) have a place there too, albeit smaller because that's not what the show is about, and usually some very impressive pieces show up. This is not an IPMS-style event, and subjects are evaluated on their own merits. They used a Medal system - and a pretty stringent one - not everything that shows up gets awarded a Medal. When I went, only SCAHMS Members were allowed to compete. You joined when you registered.

Maybe I'll bump into you there if I do decide to make the trip...

Gunnie
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 835 Posts
KitMaker Network: 350 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 06:47 PM UTC
I will keep an eye out for you. Do you know the registration schedule at all? I have to get my car back from the shop before I can say I will be there for sure but as it looks right now I will be there, in my new maroon Armorama shirt to boot!
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 03:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I will keep an eye out for you. Do you know the registration schedule at all? I have to get my car back from the shop before I can say I will be there for sure but as it looks right now I will be there, in my new maroon Armorama shirt to boot!

Previously, you could register all day on the first day (Friday), and up until 10:00AM on the last day (Saturday). Things might have changed a little in the interim.

There is a quite scathing opinion on the quality of the California Show over the last several years posted here. You might want to consider it - I am...

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thread?forumid=47211&messageid=1047335887

Gunnie
 _GOTOTOP