_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Problems with my Tamiya HG Superfine Airbrush
madwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 258 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2007 - 03:37 AM UTC
Lately I have been experiencing an odd problem and I thought it was paint that went bad when it happened the first time, however, it happened again with a different paint now.

What happens is around/on top of the sprayed area, salt/sand like granules form. Once the paint underneath dries, you can actually wipe this layer of paint dried into granules. It turns into dust. I really don't understand what the problem is. The first time it happened was with Tamiya Acrylic Clear and it did it both with Tamiya's thinner and alcohol as thinner.

The second time it did it was with White Ensign Models Enamel thinned with lacquer thinner....so two completely different paints and mixes.

I do remember the thinner/paint ratio on the WEM paint... about 50/50 or even thinner. Anyone have an idea as to what the heck the problem might be? I'll have to try my other airbrush to see if it might be the compressor, which I doubt.

By the way, the airbrush is pretty well cleaned..the only other thing I can think of is maybe I didn't push in the needle enough or pushed it in too much...
 _GOTOTOP