Place your announcements here please.
45th Division - for research pics
Deerbill
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 45 Posts
KitMaker Network: 31 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 - 10:47 PM UTC
First of all wanted to say that I am new to the site (kinda). I have been reading it for several years, but this is my first post. So I hope this is the best place for it.

Anyway, have a good site for everyone for research pics for dioramas, buildings, etc. It can be found at :

http://www.45thdivision.org/

Just click on the photo gallery tab. I have been working with the site owner on and off sending him photos that my dad brought back from the war. He was a F.O. in the 160th field artillery. Two bronze stars and a purple heart. His photo section is labelled Gilbert Wailes. My favorite photo in that group is of him if front of a german 88.

There are photos scattered in various sections under this tab as well as interesting stories and history of the 45th Division. It was initially formed from the national guard in Oklahoma. I still have many photos to send in, but have been extremely busy with work. Will also try to get some of my work posted to the site. Hope you enjoy and find it useful.

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 - 10:51 PM UTC
Here's the link 'live':

http://www.45thdivision.org/

Thanks for posting this - the more material like this we get access to, the better - and also, Welcome To the Site!
Deerbill
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 07:49 AM UTC
Thanks for fixing the link. I thought i put it in correctly, but I just noticed the url button - doh!!
captfue
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 785 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 08:17 AM UTC
William:
Thank you for this post. Just started clicking around as a WW2 figure sculptor I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. It's added to my "favorties list"
Deerbill
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 06:52 AM UTC
Glad you could use something. Never thought of it from the sculptor angle. The building folks should find some interesting pics.

Stories are good too. The recolections of James Bird under Unit History and then under Personal History of Div Artillery is pretty good. Some of the reading is funny. The Medal of Honor section is a good read.

Always glad an Okie can help a Longhorn
 _GOTOTOP