_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
evolution airbrush cleaning
winters1
Visit this Community
Brussels, Belgium
entire network: 166 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 08:46 PM UTC
Hi,

how do you guys clean out the tube where you put the needle in? the one you look through if you remove the trigger.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 09:26 PM UTC
Try using a Pipe cleaner........ If you really need to clean it. here are small Airbrush cleaning Brushes out there........

Cleaning Brushes
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2007 - 03:12 AM UTC
Hi Fabian.
I have an evolution airbrush also, and use a product from the local Pharmacy / Apotek. Its a set of small brushes, 6mm in diameter, for cleaning between teeth. They come in a range of sizes, but 6mm works really well. Theres about 6 of these per paket and each paket comes with a small plastic handle to fit each brush into. The evolution is very popular in Sweden, and this tip was given out on our IPMS homepage.
A pipe cleaner will work as well, but tends to leave hairs/fibers behind sometimes, and could block the nozzle later.
winters1
Visit this Community
Brussels, Belgium
entire network: 166 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 12:15 AM UTC
I'll try those out thx!! I think I have still some unused lying around from when I had braces.
Do they last long?
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 02:49 AM UTC
My wife bought me a hobby version of the teeth cleaners, I got about 15 for just over a 1 ill look up the package to see who produces them, and they are sold as a form of paintbrush for single use. ref cleaning the airbrush, I strip mine done completely every 10 to 15 uses and soak the parts in neat thinners, regardless of how clean it looks you would be amazed at the residue that appears after 24 hours. Doing this means I very rarely need to prod and poke around the parts.
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 07:14 PM UTC
My Fiance has a side business with Mary Kay Cosmetics, and I spied one day the brushes they use for their demos for putting on mascera on their eyelashes. Snapped them up really quick.

The bristles themselves are attached to a metal core, so you can bend the brush into different shapes (within reason).

The only problem I have found with them is that the handle is plastic, and if I am using lacquer, or turpentine to clean enamel paint out of the air brush, that it will actually eat the plastic and the brush part of the cleaning brush and the handle will become separated. Otherwise they work great!!!!
Removed by original poster on 03/25/07 - 22:26:27 (GMT).
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 08:25 PM UTC
Hi Fabian.
They will discolour after several times, but still function. I spray mostly tamiya and vallejo acrylics, and very thinned humbrol filters, so yes they last a long time. I bought a pack of 6, two years ago and Im still using #2.
 _GOTOTOP