_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling Questions?
Ask your modeling related questions here.
What have I done, this is 1/32 Fw190D-9
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 01:18 AM UTC
I have 4 1/32 Scale kits and I just got the urge to start one. This is Revells boxing of the Hasegawa Fw 190D-9 with the MDC resin cockpit set. It started wonderfully well when I dropped the cockpit upper deck hatch into the carpet monster. I started to scratch build it then decided to fight the monster again and, this time I won. I'm unable to up load anymore pics, for the time being as my PC doesn't appear to like card readers any more

Mal
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 01:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have 4 1/32 Scale kits and I just got the urge to start one. This is Revells boxing of the Hasegawa Fw 190D-9 with the MDC resin cockpit set. It started wonderfully well when I dropped the cockpit upper deck hatch into the carpet monster. I started to scratch build it then decided to fight the monster again and, this time I won. Mal

Hi Mal,

I thought that part on someting this big would be about a foot long! Must be some CM you have there!

almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 01:53 AM UTC
with the amount of stuff the carpet monster eats i always imagine it looks just like jabba the hut!
Widow61
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 36 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 05:31 PM UTC
HI mal,

Nice to see that you have gone over to the 'Dark side' of modelling!

I shall be following this build with interest on both the Large Scale Planes (LSP) website, and here also. Good luck with the rest of the build.

Regards

Derek
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 - 12:14 AM UTC
Thanks Derek, I should have had the cockpit built by now but got side tracked with the spinner However I have painted the RLM 02 Interior parts so that is a start. I didn't have any RLM 66 so I am waiting for the order from WEM. I will be looking for something in 1/32 scale at the Aeroventure show, possible a Beaufighter
Mal
lampie
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,249 Posts
KitMaker Network: 329 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 - 11:21 PM UTC
Hi Mal.
This is going to be huge,,but a 1:32 Beau!!!
Add that to your 1:24 Stuka and your going to be living in a tent in the garden!
Great to see you building though,,and Im looking forward to the progress pics and seeing the finished kits on display,,,sometime,,maybe soon,,,,maybe not so soon :):)
Nige
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 01:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This is going to be huge,,but a 1:32 Beau!!!

Mmm I know but I've seen the masters that Derek is producing, simply stunning and these Beaus are retailing for about £16.99. Revell are bringing these out plus, amongst others, as you know, Hasegawa's Bf 109K-4. for £19.99. I'm hoping to see these at the Aeroventure show, but I'll only be able to afford one. I'm banking on the fact that Derek's masterful masters wont be ready for a few months yet, giving me time to save for the Beau and I'll get the 109, cos It will take a while to build the Beau but I can start the 109 almost immediately Does that make any sense?

Here are a couple of progress pics, I haven't done much else, other than paint the interior RLM02 bits. I had to send for some RLM66 from WEM.

The tape on the spinner is not now required as, although the spinner halves were joined using rivets these were very small and wouldn't be seen, under a coat of paint. Not in this scale anyway.
Mal
airraid
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 277 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 03:15 AM UTC
Good luck with your build.I normally do 1/48 but I couldnt resist the Hasegawa Stuka.SWMBO insisted I buy it.Since then i`ve built Lysander and Thunderbolt and am working on Mustang mk 111 and Tigermoth
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 07:14 AM UTC
This will give an idea of the size of the 1/32 Beaufighter. It is next to a 1/35th CET (Combat Engineer Tractor).

Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 09:20 PM UTC
Thanks for reminding me that I have done very little to this 190. I have almost finished the cockpit, just the seat belts to finish fabricating, though. The fuselage halves are together but I'm having to build up the area for the MDC coming to sit on. The build has come to a complete halt, for the time being, due to my "secret project", although I have nearly finished building a Spitfire Mk XVI, for the SP The Airfix Mk I Spitfire may also feature, it has already been painted once but has been stripped

I still haven't got me a Beau but I have got one on hold, but funds are, very, tight and I wont be able to get it just yet

Mal
 _GOTOTOP