_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
OSF competition - Anyone interested???
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
entire network: 2,264 Posts
KitMaker Network: 254 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 07:42 AM UTC
Hello to all Armorama members. I would like to start the first OSF competition here on Armorama. First, the acronym stands for One Step Further. I chose to have a competition that will allow me to give back to the community as much as it has given back to me. The goal is simple. I have several prize books that I would like to put up for grabs. The competition will be based on the subject matter of the books that will be offered as prizes to the winners.

For starters, there'll have to be a minimum of 10 participants before the competition can officially begin. The reason is, I have to know that it will be a worthwhile competition than just being a mere 2,3 or 5 participants. This will also give me the enthusiam to pay for all the postage and handling from Sweden to the US, as
majority of the members live in the US and any where else in the world. I think its fare enough. After all, no members are losing anything from joining.

The competition is purely an independent one that does not involve Armorama in any way. They have generously allowed me to host this competition here to which I am grateful.

There will be five separate competitions each with it's own category. The categories are:

1. Wings (military aircrafts from the second WW to the present only) - There will be a first & second prize for this competition. There will be two books awarded. The first place winner will have a choice between the two books.

2. Armor Vehicles (only WWII and modern era armor allowed) - There will be a first & second prize for this competition. The first place winner will have a choice between the two books.

3. Blades (Helicopter) - First place winner only

4. Below Depth (submarine) - First place winner only

5. Auto (cars) - First place winner only

Rules for all categories:

1. Models must be build by you alone.
2. You may only enter one model per competition
3. Models can either be recent or earlier builds.
4. No dioramas allowed. Only the models. Models can be placed on a base but no figures or any other eye candy object that will extract from the model itself, will be allowed.

The first competition will be the Wings category. So if you're interested and got nothing to loose than please join up. Remember, There must be a minimum of 10 participants before each competition can be officially started. The other competitions will be decided depending when the first is completed. If you're interested please add your name at this link: OSF competition Wings particiapants

The competition will be judged by a poll which all Armorama members will have a chance on picking the model they like.

Here are the books up for graps:

Wings catagory:

Armor Vehicle Catagory:

Blades Catagory:

Below Depth Catagory:

Auto Catagory:

You may do a search to find out more about the contents of these books.

mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 08:07 AM UTC
Sounds like an interesting challenge there Charles, count me in!

Joe
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 01:49 PM UTC
Hi Joe. I posted your answer here instead of the other post. Just wanted to keep the other one clean for just participants.
What is the time fram you said?

Well, as soon as I can get 10 people listed it will begin. After that the competition will run for 20 days. Should it be longer or shorter?

So far it's just you. Hope to get more joining sooner
jasondiggs
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 120 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 10:33 PM UTC
Very generous of you charles Those prizes looks tempting. I would love to have the helicopter and Modern armor books. I may just jum unto the ban wagon here.
Johnston_RCR
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 470 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 05:17 AM UTC
I would probably be in for the armour builds, as I have a T-72 I have been wanting to build. 20 days sounds good to me, as my class schedule allows me to build quickly. But alot of members may have trouble finding time to complete something in 20 days, but really up to you.
I like 20, because its a quick build, which may give someone like me a chance if a more advanced modeller makes a slip lol.

My one question would be, aftermarket parts allowed, or straight out of the box for this build?
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 05:37 AM UTC
Kevin, it does not have to be a new build. It can be anything that you have already built. Again, the 20 days period was just a suggestion. It all depends how mnay people want in.
bounce19712
entire network: 80 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 12:18 PM UTC
sounds like another excuse to build a model.

I'd love to build another helo.....depending on time allowances I suppose...

ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 03:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

sounds like another excuse to build a model.

I'd love to build another helo.....depending on time allowances I suppose...

Go right ahead and build it. When there is a minimum of 10 participants than we can decide on the time frame. Remember people, if you're interested in the Wings competition please sign up at this link... :

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/95771&page=1

,,,so we can get a count started.
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 06:27 PM UTC
I'll wait 'till the end of this month and if no one else is interested I'll just cancel this whole thing.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 06:35 PM UTC
*raises hand.

Count me in. I just wanted a longer frame, let's say a month or two of build. This may encourage busy modelers to join in.
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 783 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 06:45 PM UTC
Sounds like fun. Im game. Let me know when the Armor competition begins.

I like the car on the cover of the last book! I wonder if thats for sale anywhere? It would be perfect for me because of the barrier between the driver and the passenger. That way I wont hear my wife screaming at me to slow down!

Gary
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 07:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

*raises hand.

Count me in. I just wanted a longer frame, let's say a month or two of build. This may encourage busy modelers to join in.

no problem. I had never given a clear dead line. As I mentioned in my ealier post, I wanted you guys to make a suggestion on the time. So yeah, one month sounds fine. As long everyone agrees.

I just thought people would only want togo with a quick build.

Remember, if you're interested in the Wings catagory please sign up on the link given in my first post.
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 - 02:19 PM UTC
Alright guys. If you can just let me know which of the catagories you're interested in joining then whichever reaches 10 we'll start with that. If not then I'll just cancel this whole thing and put the books up for sale or possibly a swap.
Johnston_RCR
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 02:59 AM UTC
Im interested in the armour only. I don't have much of a stash, and no money to buy other kits right now, so all I can build is armour
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 04:09 AM UTC
Well, let me remind everyonethat you do not need to build a kit to join. Anything outta your stash will do.
Johnston_RCR
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 06:48 AM UTC
I am grateful for the reminder. I just don't think the work I have done so far is the best I could do, and starting something else right now I could do much better.
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 01:35 PM UTC
Okay, just hope more people sign in, that's all. Seems to be going slow.
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 08:44 PM UTC
Sorry guys. I'm canceling the whole thing due to minimum interest. I will be putting them up for sale or trade. Thanks for the those who'd showed interest and sorry about canceling it. but I have to move on.
 _GOTOTOP