Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
No time
IndyCopper
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 06:24 PM UTC
Well, today my new baby girl is four weeks old :-) Man the sleep depivation is killing me. Anyway, between her and my two year old son and work I dont see myself getting any time at the workbench How do all of you other dads manage to get time in in this situation? I think I am just going to put everyting on hold for a few months, at least until she is sleeping through the night. I did have a few hours yesterday afternoon, but I was so tired I elected to take a nap instead
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 10:04 PM UTC
Fortunately my kids were pretty well grown, 14 and 12, when I took the hobby up again. Now the only issue I have with them is when they roll their eyes at me when I bring home some new model. On the other hand I've got the older one trained enough to give me gift certificates at hobby or book stores.

As for sleeping through the night I have to warn you, this can take a while. My oldest slept through the night her 2nd night home, the youngest didn't until she was nearly TWO years old. If she had been born first I'd have given myself a vasectomy rather than go through it again. I wouldn't change either of them now, but it was touch and go there for a while.

Just remember the old adage that every parent well knows, Children are God's way of telling you you've had enough sleep in your life.