AMPS 2007 Show Updates
dpotter1
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
entire network: 25 Posts
KitMaker Network: 18 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 07:56 AM UTC
Hello Everyone,

We have some updates with new information about the upcoming show. Remember, the show will be held in the Havre de Grace Community Center on April 19th-21st this year. This is really shaping up to be a great show. More info can be found on the AMPS website:
http://www.amps-armor.org/ampssite/conventions/showInfo.aspx?Page=Annouce&ShowID=10

Armorama.com will be sponsoring a special award for Best WW2 Sherman at the show this year. Since Shermans are a very popular subject, this should be a very popular award! We very much appreciate the support of Armorama.com.

Of course we have already announced another special award, the Best T-34, sponsored by Anubis Creations. The Best T-34 encompasses any vehicle based on the T-34 chassis.

Finally, we have finalized our seminar schedule and are very pleased to offer the following presentations at the show this year:

Friday
2:00 to 3:00 Steve Guthrie - Canadian Camouflage Patterns During WWII
3:30 to 4:30 Nick Cortese - Scratchbuilding and Detailing
5:00 to 6:00 Danny Egan hosts a Tank ID Contest - The winner of the contest will win a portion of the proceeds of this seminar!

Saturday
9:30 to 10:30 Sherman Roundtable - Hosted by Chuck Rothman
11:00 to 12:00 Tom Gannon - Israeli Sherman Exotica
12:30 to 1:30 Steve Zaloga - Armor Modeling Techniques
2:00 to 3:30 Tom Jentz - Correct details and identification of Pz.Kfw. 38(t) Ausf A to G and S

As you can see, the show is going to be a great time for all involved. We are looking forward to seeing you there!

Dave Potter
AMPS 2007 Show Chairman
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 03:52 AM UTC
Never having gone to an AMPS show I have been looking forward to it for a while now. Being just 30 minutes away, makes it even more attractive. Unfortunately I am having rotator cuff surgery on the 18th. From what my doctor tells me I'm not going to be in any shape to go anywhere for at least a week. Not to mention the fact that I won't be able to drive for three weeks. Hopefully I'll feel good enough, and my wife, who will be in a caring and nurturing mood for at least a few days after surgery, will volunteer to drive me.

So if you see a old guy with a huge brace on his right arm wondering around incoherently (due to the pain meds), stop and say hi!
 _GOTOTOP