_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
AFV Modeller Issue 8 is out!
gr8voyager
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 200 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 07, 2003 - 08:09 AM UTC
Just got my copy of AFV Modeller Issue 8 in the mail today. Another great issue!

In my opinion, this is one of the best englisgh language magazines out there in terms of great photographs, in depth-articles with photographs and overall dioramas. You can check out their website to see samples of the magazine.

Here is the index for Issue 8:

Luchs De Luxe - Steve Van Beveren takes the best of the commercial kits and a lot of plastic to build the perfect Luchs

Xtreme Detail - In depth coverage of the Marder III M

Lebanesse Civil War Armour - Moustafa Assad presents a photo essay on a variety of vehicles used in the conflict

Friend or Foe? Frederick Astier describes his M20 and SdKfz.251 diorama

Naked Desperation Part 2 - Part 2 of Adam Wilder's in depth coverage of the techniques behind his latest model

Keeping Track - More new releases

Dial M for Marder - Tamiya's new Marder III M - we give it the full treatment

ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 1,958 Posts
KitMaker Network: 720 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 07, 2003 - 09:48 AM UTC
WOW!
I just can´t wait to see my sample.
That´s the finest AFV magazine I´ve read...
Cheers
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 07, 2003 - 10:12 AM UTC
Cool, My better half got me a subscription for Christmas (yep, she's a keeper!) and I've been eagerly checking the mailbox for mine the last few days, so hopefully it will show up real soon. I've heard some people complain about the price but for me it's worth it. The articles and the pics with them are top notch.

Cheers, TGIF
Mike
P.S. They have some sample pages for issue #9 up on their website.
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
entire network: 1,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 562 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 07, 2003 - 10:25 AM UTC
Hi,

An advantage of leaving in Europe it's that I have received my copy about one month ago. :-)

For the kits however we have to wait that they cross the Atlantic to arrive here.

I like the mag a lot, the only criticism it's that some of the pages have a dark background making it dificult to read the text but very nice articles and photos.

The price !! Well good things cost good money.

sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2003 - 12:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just got my copy of AFV Modeller Issue 8 in the mail today. Another great issue!

In my opinion, this is one of the best englisgh language magazines out there in terms of great photographs, in depth-articles with photographs and overall dioramas. You can check out their website to see samples of the magazine.

Here is the index for Issue 8:

Luchs De Luxe - Steve Van Beveren takes the best of the commercial kits and a lot of plastic to build the perfect Luchs

Xtreme Detail - In depth coverage of the Marder III M

Lebanesse Civil War Armour - Moustafa Assad presents a photo essay on a variety of vehicles used in the conflict

Friend or Foe? Frederick Astier describes his M20 and SdKfz.251 diorama

Naked Desperation Part 2 - Part 2 of Adam Wilder's in depth coverage of the techniques behind his latest model

Keeping Track - More new releases

Dial M for Marder - Tamiya's new Marder III M - we give it the full treatment

Agree with you 100% great mag a little pricey but good. This means I will get the call today to get mine. Hopefully
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2003 - 09:35 AM UTC
Mine came today, another good issue. Adam Wilders T-34 is really nice, I had seen it in the gallery over on ML but seeing the in progress pics and reading the article really makes you appreciate the work he did.

Cheers,
Mike
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2003 - 10:42 AM UTC
Crap mine is not in yet kicking floor and punching ole lady cause my mag is not in CRAP again this is not a curse word is it. Okay POOP POOP
 _GOTOTOP