_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Springbok Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
VEG - Are they still around?!
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 07:01 PM UTC
What the heck's happened to VEG? Are they still around?

When they started up in 2005 I took out 3 subscriptions - 1 for myself, 2 for overseas friends. At the end of 2005 they failed to release the promised 6th and final English edition for the year pleading printer problems. Despite that I renewed 2 of the subscriptions... only to receive 2 or 3 editions of the promised 6, the last in about October/November! They better not plead printer problems again. That's just not acceptable!

What's going on? I hear they're so busy with this DVD, but yet the dedicated subscribers aren't receiving the printed magazines.

While I want the remainder of what's been promised to me, I sure won't be renewing my subscriptions this year!

Rudi
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,594 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 05:37 PM UTC

Wondered what had happened to Veg --last copy getting all dog-eared ------shame !!!
aye
Barv
(GOSMG)
Graugrun
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 125 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 08:56 PM UTC
Rudi,

Without going into a long story about what's happened and why - herewith the shortened version:

Pierre had been pumping more than 40 gees a month of his own money into the magazine. He got let down very badly by many of the advertisers, who still owe him about R80000.00. This could not be sustained.

So, he has been scouring the countryside (inbetween any work he can find to carry himself) to find a company who will back him.

After many, many meetings and negotiations he has found that company and in the next week or so he will be preparing the next release.

There are going to be a few changes, like perhaps increasing the page count and content

The magazine may even change name. However Pierre has kept very good record of every subscription and NO ONE will loose out in any way!

So if you still had 3 copies of VEG due to you then you will recieve 3 copies of the new VEG/other magazine!

I wish I could explain a little further, as I must say that the amount of selfless dedication and struggle that Pierre has put into getting this magazine out at no profit to himself (a huge loss up until now) is beyond me - and not one of you out there can claim to do any better.

Don't take me as being too negative, all I'm saying is please be a little patient and you will be rewarded.

I know you have all paid good money for the mag, so you are more than entitled to question as to what's going on. Please beare with Pierre just for a little while, he has not forgotten about you and no one has run off with your money.

You will all be pleased with the new and better publication!

You are more than welcome to call Pierre or his wife Ronel, should you want to get the picture more fully.

I hope this answers your questions! - And relax, it will all be much better soon!!!!

Cheers

Matthew
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 - 12:50 AM UTC
Matthew,

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds fair to me, but you'll forgive me if I remain sceptical and don't haul out the fanfare just yet.

I truly feel for Louis and Ronel, this hobby of ours is truly an endangered species in this country, and they are fighting a tough battle in these times.

Thanks again for the update, I'll look forward to (hopefully for all parties involved) to the new publication.

Rudi
Graugrun
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 125 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2007 - 10:40 PM UTC
Hi Rudi,

Sure I can understand your sceptisisim in this regard.

Let's waite and see as to what Pierre delivers. When I meet you someday (maybe at the nationals) I'll explain further on what happened.

As soon as I know more I will post it here.

Cheers,
Matthew
 _GOTOTOP