_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
New to the scene : )
robschell
entire network: 18 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 03:36 AM UTC
Hello all,

Thought I would introduce myself. I sort of stumbled on to this site while searching for info as Im sure many have. Before I found this sight I was sort of getting discouraged with my fruitless random searches so needless to say this is exactly the type of site I was serching for all along.

My experience thus far with the site has been awesome. Its nice being a noob asking questions that Im sure are ridiculously redundant to most and still getting blazing fast friendly answers and advice! Thx for that!

Im a 34 yr old married father of 3 daughters (doh) who never really built much in the way of models nor have any artistic qualitys or so I thought and we shall see when it comes to painting. I have always loved the WWII genre as far as movies and history goes and one day passed through the model isle at Hobby Lobby and for some unknown reason became very interested in what exactly where inside these little boxes. Since then I have found myself in a uncontrolable buying frenzy. I mainly have been buying figures and accessories but just today bought my first Dragon King Tiger tank. And today was my first attempt at laying some paint down.

So with that said it s pleasure to meet you all. I look forward to learning from you and hope to give back when possible!

thx
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 07:52 AM UTC

Oh YEAH! Good intro, man!

Have fun, read and learn, build the cheap ones first while ya learn, and, for goodness' sake, don't be afraid to ask questions. Search above for a subject thread and the answer might already be here waiting for you.
Dryfit before you glue.
As a beginner, paint most parts on the sprue or parts tree, trim close and scrape a bit where you apply the glue, it helps adhere.

TAKE PICTURES

Welcome to Armorama!

Cuhail
robschell
entire network: 18 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 10:34 AM UTC
Hey cruhail thx man! Ya deff. be taking it slow and been exploring this site as much as possible!! : )

Thx bro!!
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2007 - 08:54 AM UTC
Welcome robschell! Pretty much how I found this place too! :-) Always have fun and as Cuhail sez.............
TAKE PICTURES!! :-) :-) :-)
cheers for robust returnees!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2007 - 10:21 AM UTC
Welcome Aboard Rob.
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,485 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2007 - 10:36 AM UTC
AHOY Robshell.

I hear you have been affected by the "Virus".... :-) .....It is actually a good virus!

Welcome aboard and mostly have FUN!

Joe
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 09:07 PM UTC
Welcome to the site, Rob..

Glad that you found us...

NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2007 - 09:17 PM UTC
Welcome to the 'Big A', Rob....

It's a great place to learn and share, show your finished work or work in progress, and to ask questions about everyone's favourite subject here....."MODEL BUILDING"!!

Nice to meet you and enjoy....

Bob
gbkirsch
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 627 Posts
KitMaker Network: 81 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 08:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Im a 34 yr old married father of 3 daughters (doh) who never really built much in the way of models nor have any artistic qualitys or so I thought and we shall see when it comes to painting.

Welcome Rob. I read your interesting introduction and as it was my young son's who got me reinterested in my old childhood hobby, it's interesting to hear about someone who is interested in the hobby in spite of not having much of a childhood experience plus so many females in the household! Seriously, it will be interesting to see what you produce.

Cheers, Gary
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 08:52 PM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

Im a 34 yr old married father of 3 daughters (doh) who never really built much in the way of models nor have any artistic qualitys or so I thought and we shall see when it comes to painting.

Oh man! Three daughters! Build while you can because soon enough your time will be spent chasing the boys off! ... only kidding, from someone who went through it with only one daughter!!
Welcome to the site...ask lots of questions

Cheers,
Charles
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2007 - 03:02 AM UTC
Hi Rob,

Don't be afraid of asking questions. It's how we all learn and some of the guys haunting this sites are serious experts in their class.

Most of the others are just excellent.

Then there's futterers like me who can't even superglue their fingers together or to the plastic in a successful manner! :-) :-) :-)

Welcome to the club mate! Don't be shy.
camogirl
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,045 Posts
KitMaker Network: 57 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2007 - 03:57 AM UTC
Welcome to the site Rob
 _GOTOTOP