_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Not able to use bookmarked page
Dixon66
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 1,500 Posts
KitMaker Network: 154 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 10:33 PM UTC
Jim,
Getting the message: It is not permitted to bookmark this particular page. We apologize but this is a necessary precaution to maintain server resources. You will be re-directed to the homepage now.
Originally got this going to the latest posts page, (that I had had bookmarked)

I'm also getting this when I attempt to login when coming in from the Armorama homepage. It does not redirect and going back two pages then showed me as being logged in.

Dave S.

[Edit] also getting it when switching between modelgeek latest posts and armorama latest posts, but it did redirect to the armorama home page

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 11:56 PM UTC
Dave,
Yes I have closed the proverbial barn door on bookmarking that page. Users can still bookmark the Network Latest Post page if they so desire as that one is cached. The current page uses far too much server power and is being 'over-used' as a landing page or even worse as the default page of some users browsers. Ack...

Thanks for the heads-up though. I fixed the issue with clicking the LP links to other sites from the LP page you are on. If anyone else notices any odd behaviour please report it here.

I will be making some changes to the LP page (yes again) as I think I have finally determined the best all-around solution for that system.

Until then I encourage everyone to come through the front door as I do every time I visit the site(s).

Thanks,
Jim
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 12:06 AM UTC
I just now had that problem. I was looking at a sci-fi post via Model Geek, clicked to the Latest Post link at the top of the thread. It sent me just fine to the MG Latest Posts page.

I then clicked the Armorama LP link from the MG Latest Post page and got the same message.

It sent me to the Armorama homepage, then I clicked the Latest Posts link there.

[Edit] Also from the Armorama Latest Posts page, I clicked the Model Geek LP button and it sent me to the Model Geek homepage.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 01:17 AM UTC
Rob,
That issue (from the *.kitmaker.net sites) should be fixed now as well.

Thanks,
Jim
Dixon66
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,500 Posts
KitMaker Network: 154 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 06:06 PM UTC
Thanks for the info.
Dave S.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2007 - 10:33 PM UTC
I'm getting the error from home today....... It was fine from work yesterday (when everyone else seemed to be having problems)
 _GOTOTOP