_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello, back to the hobby after years.
Philippus
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 182 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 04:13 PM UTC
Hi all,

As you can probably tell my name is Philip. I am 25 years old and Live in London, England.

I have recently come back to the hobby after a gap.
I used to make a load of models when I was young from eight to twevle or so! IMO they were pretty good.

The kit that I am going to build now is Dragons Sd.Kfz 184 Elefant in 1:35, I also got the Eduard photo etch details and aluminium barrel, I have never use either of these before so it will be a learing project really. It would be a bonus if I could get it to look good also.

I wan't to jump right in and get an airbrush, the ones I was looking at are the Paashce H and the Badger 150. I have never used an airbrush before either so yet again it will be a learning experience. I have some of my models as a kid knocking around still that I wouldn't mind re-painting to learn some techniques etc,.

I paint minintures regularly to a good level so am familiar with techniques like dry brushing and highlighing/ shading.

I am sure I will have loads of questions once I get going on this project and others to come. I will also post up photos for criticism and comments. I am sure you all be wonderful and help me loads!

Thanks for reading.

Philip
squeakyclean
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 265 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 04:27 PM UTC
Welcome back Philip

I never use an airbrush, mainly because I'm happy with the results I get from painting by brush and also because I'm a tight-wad Yorkshireman and won't shell out for a decent airbrush! So, I can't offer advice on airbrushing but if you need help with diorama construction just shout out!

Don't forget to post up some progress pics the AFV guys on this site are excellent fountains of knowledge and advice.

Cheers

Matt
drumthumper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 392 Posts
KitMaker Network: 159 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 04:41 PM UTC
Phillip,
Welcome back to the hobby and in particular, welcome to Armorama. Once you become familiar with everybody and all the neat features this site has to offer you'll no doubt come to the conclusion you've come to the right place! The breadth of knowledge, experience and the broad range of talent levels these guys have to offer will make getting back into the swing of things a breeze. Alot has changed, for the better, in our hobby in just the last several years. So feel free to ask questions and post pics. We're all eager to encourage, instruct and offer any advice we can!

Just remember, have fun with it!
Mike Kirchoff
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 04:50 PM UTC
Hi Philip,

Welcome to the KitMaker Network

Don't forget to show us some of your miniatures over on Historicus Forma

Rudi
Philippus
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 05:21 PM UTC
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Matt, Dorama's are some thing that I would like to try out one day so you can expect me asking you lots of questions!

Rudi, The minitures that I have painted are fantasy ones, warhammer etc,. I have just been perusing the Historicus Forma and there are some great miniture's on there. This is something I would like to try also, as I love Ancient History in particular the Romans, Hence the name, I could perhaps try a Legionary.

Thanks again for welcoming me!

Philip.

Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 05:32 PM UTC
Hi again Philip,

Actually when I saw your call sign I suspected you might be a fan of Romanesce subjects

All miniatures are welcome on HF I'm a recent Warhammer convert myself and a BIG fan of fantasy subjects

Rudi
Philippus
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 07:20 PM UTC
Rudi, I am currently working a warhammer miniature which I will post up on the Historicus Forma when complete.

Thanks,
Philip.
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 138 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 01:02 AM UTC
Hello Philip and good to see you aboard mate,i will probably catch up with you on HFM.

Steve
MrKipling
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 27 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2007 - 07:44 PM UTC
Hi Philip. Welcome to the site. I too build miniature figures, unfortunately I am the only one in our local club that does. Everyone else is hyped on cars. So I enjoy coming here to learn and dream.
 _GOTOTOP