_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
March meeting set for March 31
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 - 08:31 AM UTC
Hopefully all the recuiting we did out there at the show will pay off with some new members. Especially that guy that did those magnificent figures for his "Brave Little Belgium" diorama. We brought in over 300 folks. Pretty good for a brand new show and wedidn't get much advertising in. I think next time we members need to get ahold of flyers and go around to hobby shops around the metroplex seeing if we can leave a few dozen at each store. See ya'll in 2 and 1/2 weeks.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2007 - 09:15 AM UTC
Does anyone have a specific date and location for this year's Squadron Scalefest. It is supposed to be in Grapevine this year somewhere close to the big outlet mall out there. I suspect it will be held May 19th, but if anyone has an exact date, time and place, please post for all to read.
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2007 - 06:33 PM UTC
ScaleFest will take place on May 26th at the Grapevine Convention Center, according to the IPMS NCT website. ScaleFest
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2007 - 05:48 AM UTC
it looks like I'm going to miss it. They changed our trial date to the Tuesday after (May 29th) and I am expecting to be responsible for loading up the van that Saturday with all the trial material. I may make it in late afternoon. But, I'll be availalbe Sunday for a Squadron run. I wonder why they are doing this on Memorial Day Weekend. They normally do it the week before.
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 08:10 PM UTC
The program for Saturday's (3/31) meeting is going to be Airbrushes 102 - Wash & Lube. I will be bringing my ultrasonic cleaner, solutions, bristle brushes, and airbrush lube and will be doing a practical demonstration of airbrush cleaning from quickie cleaning between color changes to complete, thorough cleaning. Bring your airbrushes if you want to and we'll try to get them back to like-new condition.
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 07:10 PM UTC
Bump
tabascojunki
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 110 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2007 - 03:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The program for Saturday's (3/31) meeting is going to be Airbrushes 102 - Wash & Lube. I will be bringing my ultrasonic cleaner, solutions, bristle brushes, and airbrush lube and will be doing a practical demonstration of airbrush cleaning from quickie cleaning between color changes to complete, thorough cleaning. Bring your airbrushes if you want to and we'll try to get them back to like-new condition.

Well that stinks. I most likely won't be able to make it due to work rearing it's ugly head at the last minute.

I really would like a proper lesson on how to clean my airbrush.

I'll make it I can.
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2007 - 06:18 PM UTC
Even if you can't make it today (although I hope you can) the lecture-demo can be repeated on another Saturday, since I'm at the store most Saturdays and can bring the stuff with a day or two's notice.

tabascojunki
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 110 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2007 - 08:19 PM UTC
Okay, I get to go today.

See y'all in a few hours.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2007 - 10:03 PM UTC
Bump ????? Bump what?????

I'll be in today with my llatest aquisition.
 _GOTOTOP