_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade: Wanted: Kits
Post your kits for sale here.
Help needed, looking for two truck vehicles.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 - 06:34 AM UTC
Hey guys,
I’m hoping someone may help me out, see I’m looking for one of two or even both kits. What I’m after is (are) a late 1980’s Chevy Blazer or Dodge pickup truck. These two vehicles were used by the Army, and I too spent sometime driving them around. Now I know MPC did a Blazer kit, but not sure for the Dodge. I have looked on eBay and found one that was built and nothing on the truck. I also looked up those Promo kits and came up empty handed. So I ask of you…when you get the chance, look through your stash, please.

Thanks,
Joe
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 - 07:19 AM UTC
Joe,
I don't have any leads on kits, but the vehicles were called CUCVs (pronounced Cuck Vees). They came in many varieties and were either Chevy or Dodge trucks, as you mentioned. Here is a diagram of some of them.

The Pick-up was the M1008, Blazer M1009, Maintenance Veh M1031, and Ambulance M1010.

Here is a 1/72 version of an M1008 by PJ Productions (Ever hear of them?)

I have seen one in 1/25 that was converted from an '80s Dodge Fleet-side pick-up too. It looked pretty good. Of course, I can't find it now.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any 1/32 or 1/35 kits that would be even close.

Check out the latest versions that Chevy is trying to sell the US military.

Good luck.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 - 08:36 AM UTC
Thanks Gino,
Yeah I knew the vehicles designations, I just simplified the post request. I was hoping to get them in /24 -5th scale. I’d like to do an ambulance. Hey remember the Blazers with it’s burgundy color interior…what was that all about

As for those new vehicles, I like the trucks...not liking the Blazer so much.

Joe
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 - 09:03 AM UTC
Figured you probably knew all about them. I thought maybe it would help someone else to see what you were talking about. Yeah, the burgundy interior on them was pretty bad. I guess the govt. got a good deal on some left over GM interior parts.

Good luck on your quest.
Gunfighter
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 374 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 05:51 AM UTC
Joe,

I've run across a few AMT kits that depict the basic GM trucks. I'm sure a ton of scratchbuilding will be in order, but maybe they'll work out?

Here's the Blazer: http://www.greatmodels.com/~smartcart/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=AMT38597

My daughter made me buy the pickup version. It's jacked up, but you could easily modify it back down to the regular suspension. I might be able to find both of them locally if you want me to look.

Just let me know!

- Frank
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 06:53 AM UTC
Thanks Frank, yeah it might work with some work around the headlights, marking (front) lights and such. Good looking out

Joe
Gunfighter
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 374 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 07:05 AM UTC
Glad I could help. I think the local HobbyTown USA has the Blazer.

I found the pickup version at Hobbylinc.com: http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/amt/amt31939.htm

- Frank
 _GOTOTOP