_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Spray booth recommendation needed
madwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 258 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 01:17 AM UTC
I'm looking for a recommendation for a good spray booth which I can purchase in the US. Gunze seems to have one that does not restrict the size of the model, but I am not sure how efficient it is. Spraying enamel and lacquer thinners in an appartment can get pretty bad even with a wide open window right next to where you're spraying, not to mention paint particles will settle on other things in the room.
Thanks!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 01:24 AM UTC
I also spray lacquers and enamels in an apartment, and can surely recommend a spray-booth to anyone. I use a Paasche spray booth. It's extremely large and heavy, so it's set up on a file cabinet with wheels, and vents via a plastic dryer vent out the window.

Paasche Spray-booth Review
ws48
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 247 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 01:41 AM UTC
I use a 22" Paasche I bought from a vendor on ebay. I intended to vent it to the outside but the charcoal filter does such a good job I use it invented. I should say that sensitivity to solvent odor is very high. You may still want to vent it. Payed $210.00 and shipping is free. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAASCHE-22-Paint-Spray-Booth-HSSB-22-16-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63698QQihZ001QQitemZ110098194522QQrdZ1

Don
madwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 258 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 05:25 AM UTC
Thanks guys!

Dave, I think my appartment is already overfilled with various things so I would probably not be able to fit that one in here... It sure looks like one that would do a good job though!

Don, I was looking at that one earlier on ebay. There are a few other ones (various brands) on there as well. I guess this is what I'm buying next! (just as soon as I recover from the almost fatal wound of my last modeling order....)
 _GOTOTOP