Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Bosses are so ungrateful
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 12:32 AM UTC
I heard on the grapevine in work that our senior manager was up for apraisal by his boss. well apparently his boss laid a model of a spitfire on his desk and said "you need to be a fighter pilot to do your job but your this" he placed a statuette of a snail next to said model.Now much to the delight of my section manager who relayed this sorry tale to me suggested i ask my boss if he wanted the model so off I go to see the boss "ere Guv I hear you have a model of a spitfire, want me to make it for you and put it on a nice base you can put it on your desk" He told me to off. Something I said :-)
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 02:48 AM UTC
Naw mate, he's probably an Armour only fanatic. :-)
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 10:22 AM UTC
No, he's a manager. He does not know what the significance of a Spitfire is, and the concept of building a scale model does not feature in his 'corporate diary' (it can't be quantified, nor does it feature in the expense account list).
Do you know one manager in any company, who actually contributes to the business, instead of just passing a lot of waffle to justify his paycheck.
I don't need an appraisal, I don't need a pep-talk, I don't need a 'team bonding' excersise, and I don't need to be told how to do my job 'more efficiently'... I just need to be told what my job is, and somebody to put my pay in the bank.

This has of course no baring what so ever on the future Managing Editor for Armorama...

Cheers
Henk
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 02:02 PM UTC
Know where your coming from Henk, we nicknamed him Foxhole Norman,doesnt make bad decisons, just doesnt make any.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 08:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

No, he's a manager. He does not know what the significance of a Spitfire is, and the concept of building a scale model does not feature in his 'corporate diary' (it can't be quantified, nor does it feature in the expense account list).
Do you know one manager in any company, who actually contributes to the business, instead of just passing a lot of waffle to justify his paycheck.

Well, I am the Quality Assurance Manager at a nice little foundry in Indiana and I know what a Spitfire is...

Shaun
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2007 - 01:06 AM UTC
I'm a Service Delivery Manager and I've built a few Spitfires.

(Not REAL ones of course)... :-) :-) :-)
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2007 - 08:52 AM UTC
"Employees are so ungrateful" I'm sure is heard in some areas of the company. :-)