_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Gunze Sangyo Mr. Mark Softer-How to use?
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 04:51 PM UTC
I have purchased a bottle of Gunze Sangyo Mr. Mark Softer. I have heard this stuff is one of the better decal setting solutions. I was at a friends house the other night and he had a bottle of a "companion" product produced by Gunze Sangyo that is supposed to be used in conjuction with Mr. Mark Softer. This leads me to two questions:

How is Mr. Mark Softer properly used? (the instructions on the bottle are not in english)

Is this "companion" item necessary to use the Mr.Mark Softer?

SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 06:21 PM UTC
Hi Sgt, I am not at home, but if this is the green cap bottle one, all you need to do is after you apply decal, just brush some on. Then after a while, you got your decal set. HTH.
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 424 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 04:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have purchased a bottle of Gunze Sangyo Mr. Mark Softer. I have heard this stuff is one of the better decal setting solutions. I was at a friends house the other night and he had a bottle of a "companion" product produced by Gunze Sangyo that is supposed to be used in conjuction with Mr. Mark Softer. This leads me to two questions:

How is Mr. Mark Softer properly used? (the instructions on the bottle are not in english)

Is this "companion" item necessary to use the Mr.Mark Softer?

I use Mr. Mark Softer. Allow me to share and thing or two about it:

I do not think you need the companion fluid. All you need is a glossy surface for the decals to lie on.

Caveat: Mr. Mark Softer (with or without the companion fluid) will not make the decals snuggle well on surfaces painted with flat/matte paints. As the name implies, it allows the decal to snuggle on the contours of the model surface.
 _GOTOTOP