Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
DVD software?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 02, 2007 - 01:44 AM UTC
I think I asked this before but I can't find it now. Does anybody know of a relatively inexpensive program, say under $20, or even better FREE, that allows you to print stills from a DVD? I've tried print screen and the results are at best hit and miss.
docdios
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,998 Posts
KitMaker Network: 257 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 02, 2007 - 01:58 AM UTC
i use nero show time, but have no idea of the price

HTH

keith forsyth
SnakeEye
Visit this Community
Rodopi, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 310 Posts
KitMaker Network: 102 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 02, 2007 - 02:01 AM UTC
Rodger there are two sites I know to print DVD covers. Maybe this is not what you want but take a look.
http://www.cdcovers.cc/

http://www.mega-search.net/
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 2,845 Posts
KitMaker Network: 424 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 02, 2007 - 03:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've tried print screen and the results are at best hit and miss.

Hit and miss?
Then that's still better than my experiments. After reading your post, I immeadiately thought about trying print screen and then pasting that to photoshop. Tried that twice with winDVD, first in full-screen, then windowed. I got only black screens.
I also tried to pause the video before hitting 'prt scr', the results: black screen.

How does that software "know" that I'm hitting print screen?
I tried to take screen captures using winDVD's own feature, then displayed a still over the playback screen and hit print screen.
I pasted this to photoshop. The still displayed showed ok, but the video screen behind it was black.
see for yourself: Strange...
The still is on the left, and the same frame of Chuck playing his guitar is supposed to be on the right, now showing only a black screen.

What player software are you using? If it has a screen capture feature, give it a try if this method works. For printing, you can paste the screenshot to MS paint (doesn't have to be a sophistaced program), crop off the surroundings and print the screen