_GOTOBOTTOM
Network Talk
For discussions about network-wide site topics, announcments, etc.
Having any trouble starting topics?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 01:02 AM UTC
At least 2 people have reported some trouble starting a topic. I have already noted the issue with the "Create a new topic" pulldown and will fix that shortly, however the issue starting topics is different (for those that have reported it).

Is anyone else having this problem? If so can you tell me more about it and what kind of OS and browser you are using.

Thanks,
Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 09:47 PM UTC
So (bump) nobody else is having this issue I take it?

Thanks,
Jim
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 09:56 PM UTC
I think (means this is just a guess) that when someone starts a new topic, as they type, the text window goes down. Just under the text window is a pull down menu and next to it is a "Submit" button.

Unfortunately, that submit button is not the one that submits the text you have just been typing. The submit button they need to use is on the right in the yellow shaded area that says "Ready to post your topic?" [YES].

The current location is just not very intuitive. If you type a lot, the button on the right can go out of sight or at least not near where your eyes are now focused at.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 10:11 PM UTC
Rob! You're a genius! Seriously this has been bugging me for some days now and you're absolutely right. The user in question is hitting the submit button for "start a new topic" and getting the "you must select a topic" window, etc. I will move the button to below the text window.

Thanks,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP