_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Badger 200 help
RichSharpe
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 112 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 04:32 AM UTC
Hey guys. I need your help.

I was lucky enough to get a used Badger 200 but I really have no idea how to use it, clean it or anything like that. I was wondering if someone would be able to scan those instructions for me so I don't wreck the brush. Thanks i nadvance!

Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 07, 2003 - 09:25 AM UTC
:-) Sorry for taking so long to answer this, just seen it. I have a Badger 200 but I don't have any instructions about cleaning it. This is what I have been doing for years with no problems. After use I spray at least one 3/4 oz jar full of thinner throught he air brush. Then remove the combinde head tip and spray regulator from the body (thats the front piece) take off the teflon washer and store it, seperate the spray regulator from the head and tip,(unscrew the first knurled ring). Put these 2 pieces in a jar with cellulose thinner. Unscrew the jar adapter from the jar cap and seperate the syphon tube, put them in the cellulose thinner. seperate the the blue and chrome body halves, clean the needle by wiping it with a rag dipped in cellulose thinner. Every 2-3 spray sessions I will remove the trigger and valve casing (the bit that the air line attaches to) and put the body in the cellulose thinner too. Before starting the next spray session use a paper towel to clean all the parts (twisting a corner to a piont gets you into the tip), assemble be sure to blow any remaining cellolose thinner out of the brush before painting.
I store the parts like this between spray sessions sometimes for months, the type of paint you use dosen't matter the cellulose thinner takes care of it. I use both acrylics and enamals. I hope that this is of some use to you :-)
Have fun
Mal
Desert-Fox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 652 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 07, 2003 - 12:56 PM UTC
And yes Hans it was my pleasure.......
RichSharpe
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, March 07, 2003 - 03:57 PM UTC
Yeah... BTW, Desert-Fox is the most generous and helpful member of Armorama!

I just have one question. How do you disassemble that trigger/valve assembly? I can't seem to loosen that bottom off. I don't want to damage either with pliers.
Desert-Fox
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 12:02 AM UTC
You have to unscrew the back valve and pull out the needle completely before attempting to remove the trigger. BE CAREFUL putting it back in, you could damage the point of the needle and render the AB useless, you'd have to get a new needle.
ukgeoff
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,007 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 12:12 AM UTC
If you need to strip the air valve, the air inlet hole is designed to take an Allen key/ hex wrench. Be careful when unscrewing the bottom though, their is a spring inside along with the valve plunger/ o-ring seal.
RichSharpe
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 04:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If you need to strip the air valve, the air inlet hole is designed to take an Allen key/ hex wrench. Be careful when unscrewing the bottom though, their is a spring inside along with the valve plunger/ o-ring seal.

Ahh! That's what I'm looking for. Thanks ukgeoff! I didn't see the hex socket in the nozzle. That's what I really need to loosen the assembly without damaging the ring. Thanks!

Thanks for your help guys. The brush is running great, and the Panther is turning out pretty good so far.
Desert-Fox
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 04:49 AM UTC
Can't wait to see it finished........
Is this your first attempt at using the AB???
RichSharpe
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 06:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Can't wait to see it finished........
Is this your first attempt at using the AB???

Yup! First AB (thank you ) and 2nd and 3rd models. I'm still getting used to it, but I'm getting there. My biggest problem is getting used to the fact that you can't just tip the brush in any direction. THe open colour cup will spill paint everywhere! Oh. and not to brush too vigorously or risk splattering paint all over the place. Hopefully, I'll have some pics to show online soon.
 _GOTOTOP